Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I lived in 901 S Ashland (U of Illinois at Chicago) for over four years and in Elgin for another four.
sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I grew up just south of Wrigley Field, on Sheffield, for 23 years. I remember as a kid, taking the bus to Hats Plus at Six Corners to by my uncle a hat for Christmas. Sorry to see that brick and mortar close.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I grew up just south of Wrigley Field, on Sheffield, for 23 years. I remember as a kid, taking the bus to Hats Plus at Six Corners to by my uncle a hat for Christmas. Sorry to see that brick and mortar close.
My Uncle, Wallace Nichols, lived about a block away from Wrigley for many years, until he passed. Brave man, fought in WWII.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

SHatfield

New in Town
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've received two updates with pictures of my forthcoming hat from Panamahatsdirect. It's fun to see the actual hat being finished...

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with Panama Hats Direct?

I ordered two Montecristis and spent a few hundred dollars. The hats were shipped in one box with one inserted in the other. The ribbon on the inside hat predictably was seriously wrinkled and the hats were in general beat up condition. I sent Panama Hats Direct an email explaining the situation and they told me to try steaming the hats and ribbons. Seriously? Hundreds of dollars and they are poorly packaged and worse yet they accept no responsibility for their actions! I was thinking about ordering a couple more, but no longer.

Any idea where else I could look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Wondering if anyone else has had issues with Panama Hats Direct?

I ordered two Montecristis and spent a few hundred dollars. The hats were shipped in one box with one inserted in the other. The ribbon on the inside hat predictably was seriously wrinkled and the hats were in general beat up condition. I sent Panama Hats Direct an email explaining the situation and they told me to try steaming the hats and ribbons. Seriously? Hundreds of dollars and they are poorly packaged and worse yet they accept no responsibility for their actions! I was thinking about ordering a couple more, but no longer.

Any idea where else I could look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Optimo. Quality, quality, quality. Service, efficiency, professionalism, trustworthiness, courtesy, certainty. Hey, you get what you pay for at Optimo. For sure.

Last edited:
Optimo. Quality, quality, quality. Service, efficiency, professionalism, trustworthiness, courtesy, certainty. Hey, you get what you pay for at Optimo.

I have no doubt that you’re correct, but I’m more in the sub $300 range. Optimo is on my radar, but like Brent Black it’s not likely to happen anytime soon.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I have no doubt that you’re correct, but I’m more in the sub $300 range. Optimo is on my radar, but like Brent Black it’s not likely to happen anytime soon.
And besides, you like fixing and improving things, especially hats, on your own :D
And you're good at it, to boot.
I have an artisan streak in me as well. That is why I became a prosthetic dentist. The pride of craftsmanship :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred