Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The one above is a `diagonal` semi calado, the other one I have is a `multi patterned`... not sure of any finer points, but we may get an expert opinion if someone can elaborate...

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Not a panama, but a cheap straw (palm) planter style hat from Guatemala that I picked up last summer in a Central American crafts/import shop here in the Houston Heights. Woven by "Victor Castro." Worn this evening while enjoying the spring-like weather.

IMG_8615.jpg

IMG_8620-1.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

scaber

New in Town
Straw

Cracker said:
Not a panama, but a cheap straw (palm) planter style hat from Guatemala that I picked up last summer in a Central American crafts/import shop here in the Houston Heights. Woven by "Victor Castro." Worn this evening while enjoying the spring-like weather.

IMG_8615.jpg

IMG_8620-1.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

That hat looks identical to those sold by Sunbody out of Houston, TX. The Guatemalan Palm leaves, tag and sweat band are all identical. I love the way you can shape them when wet. Nice hat.

TomS

One Too Many
New straw from Art Fawcett

Hi folks:
I'd thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new straw by Art. I like the hat quite a bit. The ribbon is actually navy blue, although it looks black in the pics.
Thanks to Art for all his patience with me!
Best,
Tom
IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
Everything Art does is custom ;)

You can either get your own raw hat body and have Art block it, or ask if he has any straw hat bodies in stock.

chippy

New in Town
Panamabob said:
A couple of Semi-Calado shots blocked by Gus Miller, Batsakes, Cincinnati.
semi1gus.JPG

semi1gus3.JPG

semi1gus4.JPG

semi1gus5.JPG

semigus2.JPG

I am wondering, is this (from post number 213) the same body/hat as the Brent Black? it is blocked slightly different, obviously, but the weave looks just the same to me? which seems kinda odd, because the Brent Black says it is custom weaved for him, get them while they last?

i dont mind this style btw, i like the extra ventilation, particularly in the summer months but it intrigues me whether its really a $500 hat or less. i dont mind saying i prefer the BB shape on this occassion

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
chippy said:
I am wondering, is this (from post number 213) the same body/hat as the Brent Black? it is blocked slightly different, obviously, but the weave looks just the same to me? which seems kinda odd, because the Brent Black says it is custom weaved for him, get them while they last?

i dont mind this style btw, i like the extra ventilation, particularly in the summer months but it intrigues me whether its really a $500 hat or less. i dont mind saying i prefer the BB shape on this occassion

You would be the coolest-looking (and feeling) dude in Adelaide, wearing that hat!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
chippy said:

I originally bought this very hat from Bob for far less than $500. I have since sold it, but if you're interested PM me and I will look up the price I paid.

You will get a far better price from Robert than you will from Brent Black. You may have to wait longer from Robert to get the hat for you, but he will be straight up with you.

chippy

New in Town
BobC said:
I originally bought this very hat from Bob for far less than $500. I have since sold it, but if you're interested PM me and I will look up the price I paid.

You will get a far better price from Robert than you will from Brent Black. You may have to wait longer from Robert to get the hat for you, but he will be straight up with you.

Hello, or G'day Bob,

thanks for your kind offer, but i cant seem to get the PM working (its not allowing me access) at the moment. that may be because i am a new member perhaps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21