Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I read somewhere on the net that brown/red spots are usual on Monecristis, but any idea what causes them? Is it the sulphur? Thanks for any thoughts...

April2010007.jpg

Reactions: DRB

jporgeck

Familiar Face
Thanks

daizawaguy said:
Semi-Calado`s they are, and I am sure PB can sort you out. Diagonal or patterned weave is the choice you will have to make...;)

10-4 daizawaguy. I've been in touch with Robert via PMs and email. He's a busy guy and hopefully we can make a tel-con to speed things up.

I really like the look of the diagonal I inquired about. A right handsome look.

KY_RudeBoy

Familiar Face
My new Montecristi Caballero from Panama Bob's eBay offerings. I ordered it on Wednesday and the postman brought it today.
There are still several more listed from this batch. I wasn't sure if I could post the link since it's still a live auction/Buy It Now.

montecristi01.jpg

montecristi02.jpg

I put it on and the brim went crazy. It stood straight up in the front and fell flat on the sides. I bit of gentle coaxing with a little steam and it decided to behave. I love it!

EDIT: Ignore the Montecristi comment. I misunderstood the listing. See posts below for description. Oops.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
KY_RudeBoy said:

I put it on and the brim went crazy. It stood straight up in the front and fell flat on the sides. I bit of gentle coaxing with a little steam and it decided to behave. I love it!

RudeBoy rides the Bull! :eusa_clap

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
My new Montecristi Caballero from Panama Bob's eBay offerings. I ordered it on Wednesday and the postman brought it today.

Panama Hatworks of Montecristi offers...genuine panama hat. As Vic said "The brand is"The Panama Hat Works of Montecristi"".

buler

I'll Lock Up
Custom Hat Works

Custom Hat Works.
Don't know is this is a true Montecristi or not. I'll let the experts weigh in. The hat does have a nice feel to it.

B

custom_1.jpg

custom_2.jpg

custom_3.jpg

custom_4.jpg

custom_5.jpg

custom_6.jpg

custom_7.jpg

custom_8.jpg

custom_9.jpg

Reactions: DRB

Forum statistics