Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Panamabob said:
I love that color. The next time I get to Ecuador, I'll try to sneak some photos in the warehouses...there are some old, old hats there, but not camera friendly owners. :)

A treasure trove of Golden Oldies! :D

Yes, Mr E Train, this one is from Shushan's. *They* just arrived today. Prices are reasonable but shipping is a little high and slow.

Thanks guys.

GWD

One Too Many
This arrived today, not sure what it is!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

About 625 wpi. (if I did that right)

It's still very pliable and seems well made, definitely not a Montecristi!

GWD

One Too Many
^^I was just looking at that!^^ Looks pretty rare, I been looking and that's the only other one I could find. Thanks Vic and Bob!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I really did want a new vintage Montecristi this season. But I haven't been able to find one anywhere. At least not the right one.

So this old friend's back out in the sun. That's OK, I'll live ... ;)

OP10.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
zetwal said:
I really did want a new vintage Montecristi this season. But I haven't been able to find one anywhere. At least not the right one.

OP10.jpg

Wow, nice optimo! Yeah, I think you'll make it through your hardships. ;)

RBH

Bartender
zetwal said:

OP10.jpg
Dang.. thats nice! I need to pull my classic panama out the box. The weather is getting ready for it!

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Color Change?

:eek:fftopic:

After wearing my new Monti every day for the last couple of months ... it seams to be getting darker in color ... more of the aged ivory look ..... which I really dig!!! Is this my imagination??? If not ... why does this happen??? Is it just like paper when it oxidizes it yellows in the sun??

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Kkaderly said:
:eek:fftopic:

After wearing my new Monti every day for the last couple of months ... it seams to be getting darker in color ... more of the aged ivory look ..... which I really dig!!! Is this my imagination??? If not ... why does this happen??? Is it just like paper when it oxidizes it yellows in the sun??

Is it turning ivory all over in an even manner or is is it changing color in certain areas like the top of the crown? Mine started to take on a light toast mostly on the top of the teardrop bash. Not sure if its from sun or sweat or both.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
WineGuy said:
Is it turning ivory all over in an even manner or is is it changing color in certain areas like the top of the crown? Mine started to take on a light toast mostly on the top of the teardrop bash. Not sure if its from sun or sweat or both.

Mine seems to be changing evenly all over ... yea "light toast" is a better description ... the inside has not changed at all and is still an almost butter color. With this said it has to be the sunlight changing it ... I wonder how dark it will get??? Is yours changeing enough on top of the crown to give it a hint of two tone look??? That would be cool!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ