Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
warren2503 said:
well Guys this is my first post
I live in sydney and ordered a hat from Panama Bob about 8 weeks ago - talking with Bob I decided on a weave count of between 900 and 1000 and to have it blocked by art-

By my calculations it should be another 6 to 8 weeks away. I feel like a school boy just cant wait

Warren

What a wonderful first choice:eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
WineGuy working on his Montecristi

chemical-protective-suit-44850.jpg

I wish you success and commend your bravery!

WineGuy

A-List Customer
danofarlington said:
I don't know whether that will get the ink stain off, but I can tell you that hat will be clean as a whistle when it's done. You could eat off of it.

The soak did in fact clean it up a lot. The straw was starting to show some dirt and patina on the brim and had developed a slight browning on the top of the C-crown, the soak cleaned the brim up completely(sans the ink stain) and it lightened significantly the brown patina on the crown. I'm optimistic Art will send me back what looks like a new hat and I think my daughter will do a great job painting an elegant grape vine motif over the ink stains.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
WineGuy said:
The soak did in fact clean it up a lot. The straw was starting to show some dirt and patina on the brim and had developed a slight browning on the top of the C-crown, the soak cleaned the brim up completely(sans the ink stain) and it lightened significantly the brown patina on the crown. I'm optimistic Art will send me back what looks like a new hat and I think my daughter will do a great job painting an elegant grape vine motif over the ink stains.
What an awesome and unique idea.....

Gotta have pics when that is finished and what a tale to stay with hat...

That story will be told over and over again by all who read it here.. Every summer when they break out their panama's it will flash back and be retold..

Wine Guy you could wind up a legend ....:D

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
A couple of unusual hats...both mistakes. We asked for a semicalado with just one inch of the semicalado. They made one, but it was supposed to be horizontal in design, not diagonal. Second one, was supposed to be a 5 inch crown for a size 7 3/8. It's a 5 inch crown, but the hat is a size 8. :) I'm trying not to let my Ecuadorian friends and family raise my blood pressure any more. Grin and bear it.

Crop1.jpg

crop2.jpg

5inchcrown.jpg

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Ordinary Guy said:
What an awesome and unique idea.....

Gotta have pics when that is finished and what a tale to stay with hat...

That story will be told over and over again by all who read it here.. Every summer when they break out their panama's it will flash back and be retold..

Wine Guy you could wind up a legend ....:D

Thanks for kind thoughts OG, I think if there is going to be a happy ending to this nightmare it will be due to Art and my daughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24