Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris

TM

A-List Customer
Paris is just fantastic. And as it has been posted earlier, I too have never had problems with Parisians. And so I will share my secret "get out of jail free" phrase:

"Par Lay Vou L'English? Lay Fran Say Pah Facile Pour Mwah." Which means "Do you speak English? French is not easy for me." This works like a charm. It immediately establishes your inferiority and suddenly the French will speak English!

Also, don't smile. Americans like to smile, but the French tend to think people who smile must be insane. They tend to glower.

And dress up! Not that I should have to mention that in this forum. Parisians like to dress and you won't be taken seriously if you do not.

If you wish to spend a lot of money, have lunch at Tour D'Argent. http://www.tourdargent.com/

Have your hotel make a reservation for you. Expect to spend the entire afternoon having a fantastic meal overlooking Notre Dame.

Otherwise, just walk. And walk. And walk.

Tony

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Jack Scorpion said:
So you guys ARE talking about Paris, Texas ... And here I thought all those fancy names were somewhere in Europe.

Hmm... Paris, Texas. Warm, sunny, English-speaking...I could, technically, drive there and avoid planes altogether... sounds nice, but its what, 115 degrees there right now?
:D
-Viola

catspyjamas

New in Town
Jack Scorpion said:
So you guys ARE talking about Paris, Texas ... And here I thought all those fancy names were somewhere in Europe.

What ? You mean you haven't seen those iron towers all over Texas ? I believe they are called "Eiffel"s, named after Jackson Lee Eiffel - the famous oil tycoon. He was originally from Paris, Texas. A lovely little town with a river running through. You must take the time to visit one day !

Harp

I'll Lock Up
thebadmamajama said:
But nothing compared to Ionesco!

Oh mon Dieu, I'm becoming an intellectual lefty. :eusa_doh:

....hmmm. I admire both; however, Samuel the Celt-Cartesian more so;
Ionesco seems lost amidst agnostic limbo and lacks conviction.
( j'ai le cafard ce matin :) )

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I have a guidebook from 1926--I'll take it with me whenever I get to Paris and see how much has changed!

paris.jpg

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
SPCMickyKilian said:
This one is popular at re-enactments:
"Why are there tree's on the champs elysiee in Paris?"
-----SO THE GERMAN ARMY CAN MARCH IN THE SHADE!

Wow, that really got me to laugh out loud. I'm going to use that one.

Phil

A-List Customer
Paris, Texas- Never Been

Paris, Illinois- Bumblef***

Paris, France- I had an interesting experience. We didn't come on on Champs-?âlys?©es to the L'Arc de Triomphe to see the beautiful La Tour d'Eiffel. We came in on what could be considered the South Side of Paris. It looked like I was back in Chicago or New York...excpet in French. Bums, pawn shops, and the like. We got to al the tourist stuff eventually. But it wout be like coming into Chicago through Cabrini Green or Hyde Park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters