Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Past great deals

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
A few months ago, I bought an early 1950s black silk faille matching dress and jacket for $25 but it cost me almost $30 to Dry Clean. Talk about being taken to the cleaners. ;) A total of $55.00 was still a steal. :) Care to share your experiences?

Regards,

Lady Powers

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I just spent $30 to have a single dress cleaned--but it's cream and black crepe cocktail dress studded with rhinestones, so one can almost justify the price!

Let's see, I picked up a simple toy hat for $10 last month. It's chocolate brown in color, with a lattice back (worn over the back of your hairdo)--it's plain, but still darling (and I might pin a corsage of silk flowers on it to dress it up a bit.)

I also picked up a gorgeous lemon yellow dress, circa early 50s--the skirt is made of about 100 knife pleats (reminds me of Marilyn's dress in 'The Seven Year Itch'), and it has braided trim on the neckline. I paid $20 for it...

Hmm, my collection has grown so much in the past three years that it's hard to pick out just one or two good buys! Some things you find quite cheaply, and others are more expensive (but you can nearly always justify the cost ;) ), so I think the prices balance out in the end!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran