Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern needed: Classic baggy caps.

fmw

One Too Many
I have no idea but I would like to ask if the image in your avatar is an SE-5?

fmw

One Too Many
It was the pride of the Royal Flying Corps when it was finally made available to them. A lot of Aces flew them and preferred them to the Sopwiths. They could fly rings around the Fokkers and finished off many, many of them of them during the war. Your aircraft looks very nicely restored. That is no small task with a flying antique. It is very impressive. Please post more images of it if you get the time. There is an SE-5 doing the air show circuit here in the U.S. but it has a modern engine in it.

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
It was the pride of the Royal Flying Corps when it was finally made available to them. A lot of Aces flew them and preferred them to the Sopwiths. They could fly rings around the Fokkers and finished off many, many of them of them during the war. Your aircraft looks very nicely restored. That is no small task with a flying antique. It is very impressive. Please post more images of it if you get the time. There is an SE-5 doing the air show circuit here in the U.S. but it has a modern engine in it.

There's one about an hour or so away from me in Perth, but this picture is one of Peter Jackson's babies in New Zealand. He's had three of them painstakingly built using as much in the way of original specs as possible, including three original engines! http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects/se-5a-reproduction/vintage-aviator-se-5as

I wonder if he'd let me have a go?

fmw

One Too Many
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed it. Painstaking is the right word for it. He did a fantastic job of it.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Fly Boy, I am fairly certain I was in a shop here in Melbourne a couple of years ago which had a variety of baggies but sadly it's been filed away into the "wouldn't have a clue" part of the old scone now.

Saying that, obviously here in Oz you can get replica baggy greens. Worst comes to worst you can get a baggy green, take off the emu and the roo, and dye it whatever colour you wish.

Might not be a good idea to turn up at your club for Saturday's play wearing the old spinach and gold ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy