Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pegasus Leathers Leather Help...

xmr

One of the Regulars
Hi,

I'd really like to get a Luftwaffe jacket from Pegasus leathers. But sadly, they do not send out leather samples. I'm a bit hesitant paying for a leather jacket without seeing/touching the leather first. I'm interested either in the "Dark Antique Brown Horsehide" or the "Dark Chocolate Steerhide". Could someone help with pictures of Pegasus jackets made out f these two? Pegasus can't help me with pics as well :-/

Thanks!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hi, What kind of photos do you need.

I have a Pocket D in dark antique brown horsehide, the leather is broken (it's a year old)

D

Deleted member 16736

I wouldn't buy a jacket for that kind of money if I couldn't examine one or the leather it's made of in person first.

xmr

One of the Regulars
Hi, What kind of photos do you need.

I have a Pocket D in dark antique brown horsehide, the leather is broken (it's a year old)

Pics of the leather that shows it's character. On the photos I know the HH looks extremely shiny. The steerhide should be a little bit duller but I haven't found a picture yet.

xmr

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't buy a jacket for that kind of money if I couldn't examine one or the leather it's made of in person first.

That's why I'm pretty cautious. I kn ow members here have jackets and are very pleased. But I do not understand why leather samples can't be sent. Shouldn't be a biggie. As an alternative I really like the Aero Arado jacket, but I don't think it's being offered still. I contacted original-flightjackets and Aero maybe they can still help me.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
hi xmr,i wouldnt spend my money with a company who are being so unhelpful,,no pics ? thats a strange one,,give Eastman a call,,they make a great Luftwaffe,,

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I expect it's because they sell on eBay and are used to time wasters. I contacted them a little while ago and they replied quickly.

Perhaps if you tell him that you're a serious buyer and that you post here he'll be more accommodating. He is a member here.

xmr

One of the Regulars
I expect it's because they sell on eBay and are used to time wasters. I contacted them a little while ago and they replied quickly.

Perhaps if you tell him that you're a serious buyer and that you post here he'll be more accommodating. He is a member here.

Maybe I'll try that. He answered quickly but didn't seem to be too interested in selling. I had the same problem with Lewis Leathers who were unable to take a pic of brown Westway boots.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Pics of the leather that shows it's character. On the photos I know the HH looks extremely shiny. The steerhide should be a little bit duller but I haven't found a picture yet.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

xmr

One of the Regulars
Kevin just emailed me, he'll send samples next week. I'll post some pics when I get them!

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
This one looks nice:D

ganger.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
This one?

IMGP1020.jpg

IMGP1021.jpg

It belongs to John Lever (which he had copied by Aero in 2009 I think).
Yes. Certainly has a similar vibe, but without the sloping front of John's design. The Pegasus would be more wearable for me.

I prefer the Pegasus to the Arado...I like the yoke in the back, and the pockets of the Luftwaffe Jacket.
"Just my 2 cents"

Will015

Familiar Face
I'm about 4 weeks into a 6 week wait on that very double breasted luftwaffe jacket. Their black horsehide is apparently a black topcoat over a brown leather so it should hopefully wear in to look somewhat like that original "radjacke" style jacket. I'd also be quite curious if some of the shine wears off. I understand it's not oil pull leather, but I'd also rather not look like I'm wearing a hefty bag. I guess I'll find out in a couple painstakingly long weeks.......

Will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL