Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

I

Ian

So, here's my next one in the chamber. It's ROTLA in beaver. Not got it yet, but John sent me this shot of it. :)

photo.jpg

Ian

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I just received my modified Public Enemy hat....

I should mention that after watching the movie I wanted a hat like that. Then I must give credit to Jlee from the Lounge who took the plunge and got John to make one for him....

Right after I saw his pics I knew I wanted one, so I put an order in to John .

During my wait time I checked all my hats and found the ones that I liked on me and also got compliments on and kind of rolled them all together and when John emailed me that it was time to make my hat, I called him and we talked at length about what I wanted and what he could for me.

After that it was simple, I left it in John's capable hands, literally, and you see the final result..

This is my first custom and John took something that was in my mind and made it a reality.....

When I opened the box and actually saw the hat for the first time it was even nicer than I had imagined ....

So the box arrived and it had a nice heft to it, then I opened the cardboard box and there was John's new hatbox.. Now I have seen pics of it and heard him speak of it but if you haven't seen it in person or felt it, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW NICE THIS HATBOX IS...

I bounced back and forth and finally decided on rabbit instead of beaver. I still am not really sure as to why I did that but I did.....

This is the softest rabbit I have experienced. John has new pouncing method and it is awesome..

Of course I have to display it on one of John's hat stands.
2rdxij9.jpg

x2lycj.jpg

s180hl.jpg

20usun4.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Oooh, that looks like beaver? I probably should've gotten beaver too, as John's felt just looks so great.....not to say that I'm unsatisfied with my rabbit, but that felt looks amazing!

edit: I guess I should have read more carefully, it's rabbit....in any event, it's gorgeous!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Catching up on this interesting thread. Some nice hats here.

Sam Craig said:
I suppose you could accuse him of having a Chaplain obsession, though I know that isn't the case
Not unless he also wore a white collar...

Garrett, I trust you have a new job and can afford to
post those pictures where we can see them again.

DRB

One Too Many
Ian, I think you will be very happy with your purchase. Please post pictures of it once you receive the hat. Preferably with it on your head. Pure Beaver! hooah!

I

Ian

So ladys and gents....The aforementioned Raiders Penman in beaver..

P1000803.jpg

P1000790.jpg

P1000796.jpg

Just can't say enough about John's work. Pefect in every way from the fit to the stitching. The bow is amazing! I'm really happy with this lid!!:) :) Already got a LC on order.

Ian

Lando

Practically Family
4947131056_d8860da967_b.jpg

My Penman came in a bit ago, but I haven't gotten the chance to post it here till now. Really enjoy this hat. Got the all beaver model and it has a nice smooth feel. Originally was going to go with brown then switched to the light gray when I saw it on his site. I think it was a great choice. You get less Indy comments and a gray hat can go anywhere. Great work sir. Will probably get another Penman when I get a chance.
4952755035_49e3469ba5.jpg

Lando said:

My Penman came in a bit ago, but I haven't gotten the chance to post it here till now. Really enjoy this hat. Got the all beaver model and it has a nice smooth feel. Originally was going to go with brown then switched to the light gray when I saw it on his site. I think it was a great choice. You get less Indy comments and a gray hat can go anywhere. Great work sir. Will probably get another Penman when I get a chance.

Very nice hat, Lando
I like the crease and brim treatment, I agree with Interchange, looks vintage for sure, and not necessarily "Indy".

Lando said:

man! every time a see a grey hat, I've been itching to get one! I'll have to check out his website again.

I

Ian

Fantastic looking lids guys!!! I'm very tempted with the greys. But then I'm tempted with loads of Johns lids.....:eusa_doh:

Got a LC Indy lid in beaver coming soon. :)

Ian

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ian said:
Fantastic looking lids guys!!! I'm very tempted with the greys. But then I'm tempted with loads of Johns lids.....:eusa_doh:

Got a LC Indy lid in beaver coming soon. :)

Ian

Can't wait to see it Ian! What is the estimated arrival of said lid?

Cheers!

Dan

I

Ian

DanielJones said:
Can't wait to see it Ian! What is the estimated arrival of said lid?

Cheers!

Dan

Dunno exactly. John has said that it's on the block, so I guess it could be another month yet, with the delivery etc. (I'm in the UK)

Ian

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is the latest shot. My wife took it prior to us going to a friends engagement party. This hat just keeps getting better with every wearing. I really can't wait to order another in the near future. Sort of a celebration.
100_5622.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn