Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

I

Ian

Dan, love the shot. Defo goes with the threads!! :D

I thought you were holding the TV remote in your hand in that shot. :lol: So you have a disco ball?

I've just heard off John that he's finished the LC and will be sending it ASAP. I guess it'll take a week or so to get here. I'll keep you posted. He's also just sent my Henry back. It's at the post office now for collection. John's reblocked it for me on his new Raiders block. :D

Ian

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ian said:
Dan, love the shot. Defo goes with the threads!! :D

I thought you were holding the TV remote in your hand in that shot. :lol: So you have a disco ball?

I've just heard off John that he's finished the LC and will be sending it ASAP. I guess it'll take a week or so to get here. I'll keep you posted. He's also just sent my Henry back. It's at the post office now for collection. John's reblocked it for me on his new Raiders block. :D

Ian

Ian, any pics of the LC and Henry? I really like what John's done with the new Raiders block...

I've been thinking of ordering another Penman... probably The Penman which I've recently fallen in love with the looks of.

Randy

I

Ian

I've just got the LC and it's awesome. I'll do some shots this week.

Ian

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Bump!

Thought I'd give this one a little bump forward. Would love to see the pics of the hats you guys got. Like to see your LC Ian. What do you think? How is your granite KY?
Here is the latest of my Penman Raiders the other day. Thus far it is by far one of the most comfortable hats I own and has settled in quite nicely.

100_6583.jpg

100_6585.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Going through this thread again today ... looking at all of these incredible hats ....
I KNEW there was a reason it was a mistake to go into journalism!
Wow, I mean, wow

Sam

email68

One of the Regulars
I'm currently on John's waiting list. At first I asked for a granite grey indy hat. I already have a brown Henry.

Now I'm leaning more toward getting away from that extra high crown look and going for either the Penman or Casablanca. Still in granite gray, and I'm thinking of a center dent.

Does anyone have both of these hats and can comment on them?

Thanks

-Tim

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Way back at the end of last summer, my wife and I watched a video that was posted here about the Indiana Jones hat. John Penman was featured as one of the makers to get a hat from and Caren told me that I should get one of his hats. Better yet, it was our anniversary coming up and she's buy it.

Who could refuse such an offer? Not me, that's for sure. So I contacted John right away (we all know how these wives can change their minds - eh, guys?) and placed the order. I was told that since Caren was paying, it couldn't be a brown hat so it was going to be a grey Indy hat.

Anyway, thinking about it, I've always liked John's Casablanca style so that is what just arrived.

The Anniversary hat is a Penman Casablanca in Charcoal with black ribbon. It also has a welted edge. The edge is very different to the ones I'm used to from Art, whereas the VS edges have no visible stitches, John makes his a feature of the brim. Rather cool actually.

Everything is very nicely done and I'd say the design is simple but very stylish. Usually I crease my hats myself, but for this one, John did the deep diamond for me. Fits great and I'm very pleased.

Here's some pics...

D314233-L.jpg

D314235-L.jpg

D314238-L.jpg

D314243-L.jpg

D314246-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails