Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David if you are going to see the Turner Classic - Casablanca Nigh showing of Casablanca you should definitely wear that hat.

Hey, thanks for the reminder - I'd forgotten all about that. There seems to be a cinema taking part that is only about 15 miles from here.

Wonder if I dare to go wearing the Casablanca hat and my Burberry trenchcoat?

DJH, thank you very much for the kind words. And thank everyone else for their kind words as well. DJH, what did you think of the box and the finish?

No worries John - this is an exceptional hat and I'm thrilled with it. The finish is just as good as I had expected and the packaging is fine.

As a marketing guy, I like your consistent branding across the products, the packaging and your site. Cool logo too!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Way back at the end of last summer, my wife and I watched a video that was posted here about the Indiana Jones hat. John Penman was featured as one of the makers to get a hat from and Caren told me that I should get one of his hats. Better yet, it was our anniversary coming up and she's buy it.

Who could refuse such an offer? Not me, that's for sure. So I contacted John right away (we all know how these wives can change their minds - eh, guys?) and placed the order. I was told that since Caren was paying, it couldn't be a brown hat so it was going to be a grey Indy hat.

Anyway, thinking about it, I've always liked John's Casablanca style so that is what just arrived.

The Anniversary hat is a Penman Casablanca in Charcoal with black ribbon. It also has a welted edge. The edge is very different to the ones I'm used to from Art, whereas the VS edges have no visible stitches, John makes his a feature of the brim. Rather cool actually.

Everything is very nicely done and I'd say the design is simple but very stylish. Usually I crease my hats myself, but for this one, John did the deep diamond for me. Fits great and I'm very pleased.

Here's some pics...

D314235-L.jpg

I always love the Casablanca, when I have the money I will order one for sure.

Could you take some photos of you wearing it ??

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you SRX, when I first saw the Casablanca on John's site I really liked it. When I saw the welted brim version, I had to have it!

Here's the one shot I have of me wearing the hat - from this morning

smugshot5667773-L.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Hey, thanks for the reminder - I'd forgotten all about that. There seems to be a cinema taking part that is only about 15 miles from here.

Wonder if I dare to go wearing the Casablanca hat and my Burberry trenchcoat?

Ok so now I Thank You for the idea... I was going to go with of course a Fedora but now I will add my Trenchcoat......:D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just bought our tickets, OG - really looking forward to this.

John - I'll try and get a half decent photo - I usually stay on the other side of the lens.

bendingoak

Vendor
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Its a pleasure to make them and I do love making all these hats.

Benzadmiral. The Casablanca I have made in several colors and it looks great in every color so far. I wish i had the time or I would have a few of them myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails