Penman Hats

Discussion in 'Hats' started by DR Ulloa, Apr 3, 2009.

1. bendingoak

bendingoak Vendor

Do to a accident I lacerated my thumb. I'm un-able to work on any hats at this time. It will add a couple weeks to my estimated time until I can get back to work. The current estimated time before the accident was 3-4 months. I can still be reached at 971-246-182 or at info@penmanhats.com. I thank you for your

2. animator

animator One of the Regulars

I'm sorry to hear about the injury. I hope you heal quickly.

3. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

That sucks, John. Hope you are back in business soon.
    Really been enjoying my Penman hats and I'm sure that anyone who has to wait a little longer will be happy when their's arrive!

4. bendingoak

bendingoak Vendor

thanks guys. I just cut the list way down from 7 1/2 months to 3-4 months. worked the holidays to get them down. ugh. It's going to be hard not making hats for a couple of weeks.

5. Rogera

Rogera My Mail is Forwarded Here

Get well soon John! Health first!

6. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

John, take that much needed rest. Nobody deserves it more!

7. TomS

TomS One Too Many

Heal quickly, sir!

8. JTopenroad

JTopenroad One of the Regulars

Thumbs up! BOTH of them!

9. JTopenroad

Well ... John Penman called me today to let me know my hat is finished and to discuss bash and shipping. As it turns out I am visiting in Lakewood Washington and plan to visit John to see my hat and get some personal attention and guidance on style and general hat savey. Now I must decide if I will wear it home on the airplane or ship it home. I will post some pics of the new lid soon!

10. Rogera

Wear it home!!! I visited John about a two or three weeks before production of my hat and I would have loved to have been able to start building some hat character with an airplane ride home. He's a great guy to visit with by the way. Enjoy!

11. JTopenroad

Thanks Rogera, I just might do that. You are right John is a gracious host at his shop and a great guy to visit with and talk all things hats!

12. Mr. Bingley

Mr. Bingley Familiar Face

You've GOT to wear it home!

13. JTopenroad

I visited with John today and got to meet my new hat. After some discussion I decided not to wear my hat home on the plane. Tight seating in economy would not allow me to wear or stow the hat conveniently. Here is a picture of John and I .... I love the hat![​IMG] It is 100 % Beaver in Silverbelly color with narrow gray ribbon. It also has an unbound or raw edge. I will post more pictures and details when I get back home.

14. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Great looking Penman, JT. The thin ribbon and raw edge make for a very cool look. I like the one John is wearing too, he's a talented hatmaker, that's for sure!

15. Rogera

Very Nice! I like that ribbon width and crown shape. Congratulations!!

16. Duper

Duper Practically Family

Beautiful hat!

17. +1...looks like a Penman Playboy...What's the brim width?

18. JTopenroad

The brim is 2-5/8 and crown is 5-1/2. I wanted my first Penman to be something different yet be in the classic style. I will post more pics later.

19. Rogera

Looks great! If I remember right on the shelf behind you in your picture is the most awesome Raiders hat I have ever laid eyes on.

20. JTopenroad

Well here it is, my new Penman custom Beaver ... color Silverbelly. The specs I requested are as follows; 5-1/2" crown 2-5/8" brim vintage ribbon measures 7/8". The finish is awesome, the felt feels like a silky puppy's belly (or maybe a beaver's belly). I am very pleased with the fine hat John built for me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I was not surprised by ribbon and bow detail. I have seen John's work and knew it would be great. I like the raw edge and the size of the ribbon.