Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

bendingoak

Vendor

TOuten2

Familiar Face
After studying about it for a month or so, I placed my order with Mr. Penman yesterday. I'm looking forward to the day that my Penman arrives.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DarenHenryW

New in Town
Beautiful new Natural colored Indy style Fedora

1385288_10152531742181564_52085225_n.jpg

1390597_10152531785241564_1091018229_n.jpg

I own 12 of John's hats, and each one just gets better than last. What strikes me about this hat is not only the color combination (which is completely John's doing, I just copied it for this hat), but the FEEL of the hat. My GOD! John's pouncing is beyond compare. I defy anyone to have a hat made for them that feels this buttery soft and pliable. And the dimensions of this hat COULD NOT BE MORE PERFECT. John's has my fit down PERFECTLY, and the brim and crown and crease are all EXCELLENT. I mean, just PERFECT.

I'm so in love with this hat and look forward to wearing it on MANY occasions!

Bravo to the hatter! Bravo! Bravo!

DHW

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
They look very nice. So who and from where is John?

Alan, that's a very good question. Most of us probably recognize the Penman pin, but for newcomers to The Lounge it's not that obvious. In many ways we're actually using a lot of implied expressions every day.

As a "foreign speaking" user, I used to wonder where you guys bought all that TLC, you always seemed to use to restore your vintage lids - and not least how it was applied ...?!??!!!

Well, eventually I found out. Being a "gently worn" single, I haven't stopped looking for proper suppliers, though lol

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Daren, thanks for posting your new Penman - super hat, as one would expect.

I love the Indy style and it is nice to see the design in different colours. Last year John made me a CS style (my favorite of the Indy hats - I have a Granite AB version as well) hat in his Black Cherry felt which has become one of my favorites.

Rather worryingly, I keep thinking that a light coloured version, maybe in Silverbelly, would be very cool.

bendingoak

Vendor
Thanks everyone and thank you Daren for the kind words. The new pounce you are speaking of is something that came to me after experimenting with the hat I made for Yogey Perez Ramos the baseball player. I have been so busy working to get my long waiting list down And other projects to really focus on experiment with pouncing this year.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful hat - and the most enchanting "hat stand"! :)

And thank you for opening your face to us faceless loungers, so we too can see your photos. Your response is highly appreciated ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21