Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

VTporkpie

Familiar Face
Still super excited, so I had to sign on and give a huge thanks and a thumbs up to John Penman. I relocated from VT to Portland and the first thing I did upon moving out to OR was walk into John's shop and order a Penman in moss green. I had high hopes based on the hats in his shop and every post on here, but I was still blown away when I picked my hat up last Friday! Not only is this hat is amazing, but John really made the experience by taking the time to show me all the steps involved in the process, which only adds to the "I hope I own this forever" factor. I broke it out today in downtown Portland and hopped on the vintage streetcar the city brings out during the holidays. The conductor asked me if he could take a look at the hat and was quite impressed with this "Penman fellow [who] he might have to check out..."

Thanks again John, and to everyone who is thinking of purchasing a Penman, go ahead and take the plunge, it is worth it!

WP_20131208_008.jpg

Last edited:

TOuten2

Familiar Face
That's a beauty! That green is amazing. I can't wait til mine is done. When I ordered it, 3 to 4 months didn't seem that long. I'm sure it's worth the wait!

VTporkpie

Familiar Face
Thanks for the comments everyone! TOuten2, you're going to love your hat when it arrives and I second the request for photos!

bendingoak

Vendor
Still super excited, so I had to sign on and give a huge thanks and a thumbs up to John Penman. I relocated from VT to Portland and the first thing I did upon moving out to OR was walk into John's shop and order a Penman in moss green. I had high hopes based on the hats in his shop and every post on here, but I was still blown away when I picked my hat up last Friday! Not only is this hat is amazing, but John really made the experience by taking the time to show me all the steps involved in the process, which only adds to the "I hope I own this forever" factor. I broke it out today in downtown Portland and hopped on the vintage streetcar the city brings out during the holidays. The conductor asked me if he could take a look at the hat and was quite impressed with this "Penman fellow [who] he might have to check out..."

Thanks again John, and to everyone who is thinking of purchasing a Penman, go ahead and take the plunge, it is worth it!

View attachment 6875

Thank you very much. The pleasure was all mine.

TOuten2

Familiar Face
Thank you John Penman! I received "The Penman" today, and is better than expected. I also posted on the new hats thread. I am very impressed with the feel of the fur felt. The sweat band is indescribable. I will certainly be ordering from John again. This hat is well worth the wait.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Yes, it absolutely is! And I'm sorry I was so rude as not to mention it. I was just so preoccupied by the rotating. Lack of style ... I know :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy