Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
ryang said:
Thought I'd post up my Penman - it's the prototype for the "SPIRIT of Barney." I got it a while back and love wearing it. One of these days I'll have to get another Penman - true quality craftsmanship.

IMG_1697b.jpg

Very Nice! Great classic look. :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
cybergentleman said:
Jlee,

you may have posted this elsewhere, but what are the dimensions on that hat?

brim, crown etc.

if the felt is black, then what is the true color of that ribbon? it looks like a lush purple.

Pulled out a tape measure and got 5 1/4" open crown height, 2 1/4" brim.

As far as the ribbon, in person it's a tad darker than the pictures show. It's a really lush maroon/wine red color.

Phantasm

New in Town
Nice Picture! John does such an excellent job pouncing his hats, and that dark brown really stands out. It looks you put it to the test!

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Got mine, at last! It's Last Crusade, and a style I have wanted for a long time. For various reasons, I put it off a long time. But here it is!

4487584424_155ee3bd1d.jpg

Hey Not-Bogey, that is one fantastic hat! I don't say this lightly. From what I can see in photos, it's a modern classic. Congrats to you and of course, the maker. The proportions are perfect.

- Bill

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Lexybeast said:
Nice looking hat! Must be pretty weather proof. lol Are those 100% beaver?

Thanks, this hat is bullet proof and come as new even with all the snow!

I think next week I'm gonna put some pictures of my new Penman (not an indy hat)
I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy