Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People are just too afraid to have fun!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Were I to defend Mr. Armstrong in court, I would ask him if it was not true that he specifically meant "don't care how you look" to refer simply (and only) to the level of disregard one should show to the opinions of the nattering nabobs of conformity, not to questions of one's sartorial choices or courtesy.

If my question was objected to on grounds of "leading the witness" or "making a statement", I would complete it. Then, with a pitying shake of my head, politely say...

"I yield to my esteemed nabob, correction, colleague."

matei

One Too Many
As some other members have said, it depends on what you consider fun.

I enjoy sitting in a quiet place with some mates, sharing a few pints, discussing things and watching people.

I'm not much of a dancer - I didn't inherit that gene. Just because I'm not out throwing shapes doesn't mean that I'm not having a good time.

In my late teens/early 20s, "fun" consisted of rather dangerous and foolhardy activities, I've since learned many a valuable lesson.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
matei said:
As some other members have said, it depends on what you consider fun.

I enjoy sitting in a quiet place with some mates, sharing a few pints, discussing things and watching people.

I'm not much of a dancer - I didn't inherit that gene. Just because I'm not out throwing shapes doesn't mean that I'm not having a good time.

In my late teens/early 20s, "fun" consisted of rather dangerous and foolhardy activities, I've since learned many a valuable lesson.

I agree! I even sometimes have fun scribbling dark "poetry" in a unfashionable spiral bound journal while sipping herbal tea in a shadowy cafe.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
yep

As a member of a Mardi Gras Krewe, I hear others saying things like,

"we never go anywhere, do anything"

So I invite them to our ball, and they balk at this or that,

"$90? A Tuxedo? A long dress? Your Krewe enforces a dress code??"

So they stay home and complain that the Idiot Box has no good shows on cable.

In my opinion, people have to be hit over the head to have a "ball"

Girl Friday

Practically Family
You never look stupid as long as you are having fun. And if the only way someone else can have fun is by pointing and laughing, I feel really sorry for them.

Everyone should sing and dance...except for my oldest sister she really has no rhythm (seriously...worse than Elaine, I thought she was having a seizure :eek: ) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points