Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perry the Platypus Fedora!

VintageFeds

New in Town
Is it possible for anyone to recreate this hat? i think it would be interesting to see results.
Reference pics.

Front
Agent_P_face_with_hat_t-shirt.jpg

Left
thumbnail.jpg

Right
tumblr_lsrss0cPlC1qjc36fo1_500.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I first saw that show, I thought to myself that I could probably replicate it using my brown Akubra Federation IV.

Last edited:

masiaka

Familiar Face
I'm thinking the hat needs to be a diamond crease that's higher in front and back than it is on the sides.

J.B.

Practically Family
IMO the bash is a simple center dent that runs athwartships and is set crisply at the edge of each nadir...?!

The hat and you will need to be transparent and 2-dimensional.

heh. SWMBO always tells me that I'm one-dimensional?! :love:

Edward

Bartender
When I first saw that show, I thought to myself that I could probably replicate it using my brown Akubra Federation IV.

That would be my hat of choice to begin replicating this.

Do you think the bash might be hard to replicate?

Yes and no..... It looks to me very much like a simple centre-dent, but at ninety degrees to the conventional placement of such a bash, and no pinch. Outside of a Western, though, in reality that could look a little odd. If you're a genre fan, you'll recall the "You would prefer yellow spandex?" comment: what looks good animated or in a comic-book doesn't always work in "reality".

Yep a diamond bash with a steep rake, probably want a fair amount of brim with that too.

That's probably a take that would look better on a "real world" hat. Needs to dip in the middle too, imo. That and I'd definitely be inclined to put at least a bit of pinch in it; most probably a defined crease in the manner of a Raiders hat, but at the same time a much shallower angle, i.e. a shallower, much less-pointed 'v' shape as you look down on the hat from above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart