Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peterman's tweed suit

mike

Call Me a Cab
Boy, I wish there were actual photos!

http://jpeterman.com/product~cat~100211~sku~MBZ+2447.asp

2447-Tweedsuit.jpg

2527_2447-tweedsuit-line.gif

A man in a tweed suit can't be flummoxed or rushed. Departs slowly but arrives on time. Cogitates, muses, affects long pauses, but answers with stunning clarity. You could listen to him forever. In fact, you have.

The former PM gives a 2-hour lecture without notes. Chides Mrs. Thatcher, berates Mr. Major; displays his European Identity Card, wears his tweed suit.

During the Q&A he's magnanimous. Gives me the name of his Bond Street tailor. Luckily, I bought an amount of tweed when greenbacks were at par with sterling.

Now I've had it replicated for one-fourth of the original price. Don’t ask how. That would be insider information. Let’s just say between a certain English Tweed SuitEnglish mill and my Louisville tailor, we've worked it out.

The Former Prime Minister’s Tweed Suit. Never out of favour.

Jacket: Single-breasted. 100% English Tweed. 3 dark horn buttons. 4 functional cuff buttons. Notched collar. Welt flap pockets. 2 back vents.

Men's even sizes: 38 through 48.

Pants: Lined to the knee. 100% English tweed. 6 belt loops. Welt back pockets. Seams are serged, pressed open and flat.

Men's even sizes: 32 through 46. Free hemming (max. 37") or cuffing (max. 34"), add $2 per pair.

Color: Brown and Tan Herringbone.

Tweed Country Suit Jacket (No. 2447). Imported.

Tweed Country Suit Pants (No. 2527). Imported.

Tokyo Jones

New in Town
The former PM! Why not just say it? Everyone knows who he is - hardly a secret.

Though I have to admit, I have a hard time envisioning Gordon Brown giving a 2 hour lecture without notes...

;)

filfoster

One Too Many
Suits me

Not a bad looking suit and right for the season here. Looks like the suit I bought (or rather Mom bought me at age 16) in 1969, a "Mr. Pogue" gray herringbone tweed. The pants succumbed to my youthful taste years ago but I still have the jacket and wear it despite my wife's pledge to bury me in it....soon.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, looks like the trousers are nice and wide, and the gorge is high on the jacket, and great write-up, but ....

$550? I can get something that's actually old for $275 or sometimes a lot less. Also, I don't see L sizes on the jacket. I'm a 42L, and a 42 leaves my wrists sticking out bonily.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Doran said:
Very nice, looks like the trousers are nice and wide, and the gorge is high on the jacket, and great write-up, but ....

$550? I can get something that's actually old for $275 or sometimes a lot less. Also, I don't see L sizes on the jacket. I'm a 42L, and a 42 leaves my wrists sticking out bonily.

And whatever their sizing says.... it's 95% not accurate anyways. Mighty frustrating indeed.

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
There have been several items I almost bought from J Peterman but for the lack of 'L' sizes.

The best thing about Peterman is thumbing through the book and reading the descriptions. The writing style is hilarious.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
adamjaskie said:
The best thing about Peterman is thumbing through the book and reading the descriptions. The writing style is hilarious.

Yes. Reminds me of the Trader Joe's "Fearless Flyer."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy