Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photo fun.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Here is a photo of me trying to look like FDR.

Enjoy.

fdr4gz.jpg

Root, looks like a you have the pose pretty well down but the hat should have two side dents not forward dents. FDR like to wear his hat with the 20s-30s- style bash. Of course that was his contemporaneous time. ;)
Geez! Bismuke! I just ate. You know when your aunt tells you that you are the ugliest member of the family for generations ---you're UGLY. :p Eleanor----geez. :eek: When you look up ugly in the dictionary her picture is there. :p [huh]
You don't really want Root to marry his cousin do you? :p Sort of reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy---If you go to family reunions to find a date......
:p

Regards to all,

J

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Geez! Bismuke! I just ate. You know when your aunt tells you that you are the ugliest member of the family for generations ---you're UGLY. :p Eleanor----geez. :eek: When you look up ugly in the dictionary her picture is there. :p [huh]

So I take it that you don't find her physically attractive?

Hmmmmmm.

You know, I once heard that she frequented the same spa for beauty treatments that modern day hotties such as Janet Reno and Madeline Albright go to.

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
That explains a lot. :p You should tell us what spa that is so we don't go there by accident. What's the name Chez Uglie? ;)

I forget its name. But it doesn't matter because the place has been booked up solid for many months by some big Hollywood production company that is bringing out a remake of The Munsters. And it comes at an especially convenient time because their most famous clients, Madeline and Janet, both are out of town and busy getting ready for some really big upcoming photo shoots: Madeline's is for the next Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Issue and Janet will be featured with her own line of products in the next Victoria's Secret catalog. Hmmmmm. Some people, in fact, say that she is Victoria's secret! :p

Dismuke said:
I forget its name. But it doesn't matter because the place has been booked up solid for many months by some big Hollywood production company that is bringing out a remake of The Munsters. And it comes at an especially convenient time because their most famous clients, Madeline and Janet, both are out of town and busy getting ready for some really big upcoming photo shoots: Madeline's is for the next Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Issue and Janet will be featured with her own line of products in the next Victoria's Secret catalog. Hmmmmm. Some people, in fact, say that she is Victoria's secret! :p

Hmmm... Now everytime I see those two sea hags I will hear the Munsters theme song. Thanks! :rolleyes:
I can see it now---the Reno teddy will be called the Grizzly. :p
Geez, I hope Mad wears one of those swim suits from the 1890s---with the hat.

Regards to all,

J

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
Wild Root said:
Ok, this thread has gone to the Dogs. And I don't mean Mrs. FDR.

Root.

No - it would not be polite to call Mrs. FDR a dog. I am sure she would not have approved of that - and neither would Fala.

falacar.jpg

falachair.jpg

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Yes indeed. Fala looked like quite an example for his breed.
Tell Fala to straighten that picture on the wall behind him.

Yes - I noticed that picture. Pretty odd that it is crooked like that. I am sure that photo ops back then were just as staged as they are today - probably even more so. In fact, the press back then willingly went along with the PR campaign to keep the American public in the dark about the extent of FDR's disability.

I have never been a fan of FDR in terms of his policies and politics. But I have always admired how he refused to allow what, for many, would have been personally devastating to stand in the way of doing what he wanted to do. And I have always thought it was sad that it was necessary for his political survival to keep what was, in fact, a highly admirable personal achievement on his part, a secret. I don't think that such a disability would be held against a politician today - and in that sense, things have improved since the "Golden Age."

FDR's long time affair with Lucy Mercer was also well known to the press and that, too, was never revealed to the American public until many years later.

Can you image the press keeping stuff like that quite today? Absolutely not - which, I suspect, is probably a pretty good thing in some respects.

As for the picture - perhaps it was deliberately made crooked on the premise that it would "humanize" the President and the place appear more "homey"

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
Wild Root said:
falachaircopy3yp.jpg

Good boy!

Root.

That's cool! Photoshop?

One of these days I am going to have to break down and buy it. I have a feeling that, unlike a lot of other things having to do with computers, I will otherwise be holding my breat for a long while waiting for its price to drop.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Dismuke said:
As for the picture - perhaps it was deliberately made crooked on the premise that it would "humanize" the President and the place appear more "homey"

I read an article in an old Life that tried to delicately explain that Hyde Park was not fussed over. Repaired furniture, tattered carpets. And crooked pictures. Of course, this one is a scene from the White House.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Dismuke said:
That's cool! Photoshop?

One of these days I am going to have to break down and buy it. I have a feeling that, unlike a lot of other things having to do with computers, I will otherwise be holding my breat for a long while waiting for its price to drop.
Dismuke, there's a program called Photoshop Elements for a fraction of the cost. It's like a smaller scale version of the big Photoshop. By the way, tomorrow is Fala Day here in Arlington:
http://northtexasscottierescue.com/faladay.html

If I wasn't going to a Star Wars convention, that's where I'd be with little Bogie (my Scottie).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo