Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket heaters

Today, 6th catalyt pocket oven session. This time with Atomic benzine, for the 2nd time.

But yes, there's def. a difference!
This "non-highly purified" benzine is simply less potent.

Edward

Bartender
@Edward

Yeah, I saw, that they got these one-way thermo pads (oxidation) and the reusable warming pillows (as you described) in the outdoor stores.

But would be interesting, how long the reusables could live. The ones here are described as ""15 minutes, covered in a cloth, in boiling water to recharge"".

But even these twin-packs are costing only 4,95 EUR, giving 90 minutes heat each one. But the longevity??

Yes, I suspect the plastic will have some limit to its lifespan - though the wife has a few she got three or four Winters from.

A few Winters ago the wife discovered some sort of gel pouch with crystals or something inside them. manipulate the crystals and they give off a surprising amount of heat, good as any other device I've seen, for several hours. Once they cool, they can be 'recharged' simply by putting them I hot water for a few minutes. I don't know the science, but they're the most convenient option I ever encountered, and generally very cheaply available. Need to be kept away from dogs, small children, and anyone else likely to chew on them, of course.

Now, in our smalltown's central supermarket, they had gel heater twin packs (1 hour warm) at the Tchibo shelf, so I just gave them a try, to see if these one work.

And they do. I tried them already at the same evening. They remained hot for 25 minutes, then continuously cooled down. The kitty fabric cases were too thick, so better without.

Attachments

• IMGP9711.JPG
    IMGP9711.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 30
Actually, still can't complain about my two Zippo Heatbanks 6. They do their job and reliable. I still like their simple, no-BS design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner