Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Strapped, we were getting a little rain the other day when I was at church and just as I was walking out the front door one of the guys said "Don't get that hat wet!". I just laughed and told him a hat that can't handle a little rain isn't worth having. We hat guys don't need umbrellas!:p

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
Strapped, we were getting a little rain the other day when I was at church and just as I was walking out the front door one of the guys said "Don't get that hat wet!". I just laughed and told him a hat that can't handle a little rain isn't worth having. We hat guys don't need umbrellas!:p

I'm a firm believer that a hat should protect you from the elements, not the other way around.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
My Stetson Chatham got caught in the snow while walking to my car today from classes. Holds up just fine, though. From what I've heard of modern Stetsons, I feel like I got the best!
pJwbob4.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
Bushman, the modern Stetsons are improving on that front (no bleeding, tapering, shrinking or dust from the new Strats I have) but still not quite up to vintage standards. They're getting there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Premiere Quality to someone. Perhaps your Chatham made the improved quality cut!

MCrider

A-List Customer
A pic of my tawny fawn Federation IV after shoveling snow while in a light rain storm. Crazy weather we've been having!

FedIV 03-03-15 B.jpg

And yes that is a tawny fawn and not grey LOL. The camera never seems to catch the color indoors!

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
That was the first of three. We lucked out. Change over from rain to snow happened about four hours later than predicted so we've only gotten maybe ten inches. They wimped out at the cigar shop so I had to smoke on the back porch. In a couple months we'll be complaining about the heat.

Tom D.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I wore my rabbit and wild hare blend Borso Como out today and got caught in a light rain. I had to walk about 9 blocks, long enough for my paper bag with ice cream inside to fall apart, long enough to soak through my Patagonia jacket, but my faithful bunny kept my head warm and dry. Didn't even penetrate the felt at all. I love my Borso! :D
f73b28fe25bf7a65ace14c7ae25dd10b.jpg

ad9f020910c38c81968e93ae1c629325.jpg

c68b59d7d16c6a80b62d6786d4ab5429.jpg

We finally got a little rain here in southern California. Unfortunately, it was only enough to water lawns, get some windshields dirty, cause a few idiot drivers to crash into each other, and get my Campdraft just wet enough to qualify for this thread:

Akubra_CD_Silverbelly_8_zpsz5pplzfp.jpg

Despite the decidedly gray hue in the photo, this is Akubra's Silverbelly.

We finally got a little rain here in southern California. Unfortunately, it was only enough to water lawns, get some windshields dirty, cause a few idiot drivers to crash into each other, and get my Campdraft just wet enough to qualify for this thread:

Akubra_CD_Silverbelly_8_zpsz5pplzfp.jpg

Despite the decidedly gray hue in the photo, this is Akubra's Silverbelly.

Happy looking Akubra!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24