Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

RossRYoung

Practically Family
C8FB79EE-2F91-4DAA-B6B7-E2410D751683.jpeg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
As before with a different hat, and once again, only this time with my Bradford Western, I got caught in some unexpected sunshine and clear skies as I was walking my dog. So, I rushed back to the house with my dog before I got anymore sunshine on my hat and snapped this picture. I hope it ain't ruined. This is happening too much. I'm going to have to start wearing a ball cap when I take my dog out for a walk.
Bradford-Refurb-2-A.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
We had an atmospheric river over the bay. Which I guess is the meteorological term for a whole lot of rain. Streets and freeways flooded kind of rain. The nutria mix Dylan hat got soaked through on the brim.

Great pic of your unusual heavy rain. I understand that today you are forecast for even more. Be safe.

My neighborhood has 10" of new snow with more falling this morning.

i-pSwmNJK-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was out knocking the snow off the pines, arbovida, trees and bushes. Yes that is a thing. The heavy wet snow could damage the limbs or break them. I went out with a long extendable pole and a broom to gently knock accumulated snow off the limbs. My Akubra Campdraft was protecting my head. I took it off to grab a pic and realized it was blended with the background. Cool.

i-NjszJGH-M.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. Best, Eric -

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Lock & Co Sandown Trilby....
Not much love around here for Lock...and yes they do out source many of their hats. BUT, to their Specifications. This one was made by Isesa in Spain with Fepsa Fur.

What can I say?...Eight years of this and she still looks like this: View attachment 479520 View attachment 479521 View attachment 479523 View attachment 479524
I hope my new Borsalino will hold up this well...};^))
Just wore my new Borsalino in its first rain...opps! Afraid this hat will not be like this Lock at all. Got home the brim looked ruined..
I've been doing the hat upside down and pressing brim edge down on table top edge. About 30minutes of that has hopefully returned it to prerain condition. Now I hope the crown doesn't taper more than normal. Should hav photo'ed it...but I was in panic mode, lol.

Well, the new Borsa is a light fine looking hat...should be a fine good weather hat, };^)) I'll save this Lock & Co for the heavy lifting. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points