Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pike Brothers N1 XXL

Trouper

New in Town
Hi All

I am selling a Pike Brothers N1 deck jacket, it is size XXL, is the waxed khaki version, with brown wool lining, which is no longer available from Pike Brothers. The jacket its self is about 12mths old, and lightly used, reason for sale is that it is slightly too tight for me, and Santa bought me a new XXXL one. The jacket has minimal aged related wear marks, please bear in mind this is the waxed version, and as such the wear pattern / patina is different to the non waxed N1, the waxed jungle cloth also makes it more wind and rain resistant, the jacket will come in the original storage bag from W&W Cycles in Germany, which it has been stored in when not being worn. I am a 6', 52'' chest, and 38'' waist, and it is slightly too tight across chest and shoulders for me, hence the sale. From a smoke & pet free home, original cost with import and VAT was £370, I am asking £250 inc P&P to a mainland UK address, unless you happen to live in the Essex area, in which case I am happy to arrange a meet, and bring the jacket along for you to try. Please feel free to contact me direct should you have any questions I have not answered, the jacket will be advertised in other places, as well as on this forum. Should you wish pictures of the actual jacket please contact me directly with a mobile number or email, and I will be happy to send some straight over, uploaded pictures are from Pike Brothers, and are to show the colour of the jacket being offered.

Attachments

• PB N1.2.jpg
    PB N1.2.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 224
  • PB N1.3.jpg
    PB N1.3.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 206

Motocann

One Too Many
The Pike Bros. website states that a XXL has a 74cm pit to pit measurement which translates to appox. 29 inches, or 58" chest. Therefore, I'm surprised it was tight on you?

Trouper

New in Town
The Pike Bros. website states that a XXL has a 74cm pit to pit measurement which translates to appox. 29 inches, or 58" chest. Therefore, I'm surprised it was tight on you?

Hi Merv

Yup when I bought I went by the measurements on the website, but my guess is the external measurements don't take into account the thickness of the Jungle cloth and the wool pile lining, which is pretty think, and TBH Merv I expect the fact that I have really broad shoulders which is also a contributory factor, along with the fact that having just measured the one I have, it is only 26'' P to P, making it 52'', hence my problem.

Motocann

One Too Many
Hi Merv

Yup when I bought I went by the measurements on the website, but my guess is the external measurements don't take into account the thickness of the Jungle cloth and the wool pile lining, which is pretty think, and TBH Merv I expect the fact that I have really broad shoulders which is also a contributory factor, along with the fact that having just measured the one I have, it is only 26'' P to P, making it 52'', hence my problem.
The size chart on Pike Bros is wrong then. 6 inches is a big difference! According to their chart, your jacket should be a Large at 66cm or 52"

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered a shirt from them a few weeks ago to replace one that was fractionally too small. Got a slightly different pattern with larger given measurements on their site. Replacement shirt arrived & was no bigger than the original..measured numbers didn’t match those on Pike Website.

Leaves me a bit reluctant on orders with all the import and returns costs if something isn’t right.

Motocann

One Too Many
I ordered a shirt from them a few weeks ago to replace one that was fractionally too small. Got a slightly different pattern with larger given measurements on their site. Replacement shirt arrived & was no bigger than the original..measured numbers didn’t match those on Pike Website.

Leaves me a bit reluctant on orders with all the import and returns costs if something isn’t right.

Ordering online is sometimes a risk. I've ordered a few t-shirts and henley's from Pikes, I've had pretty good luck so far. I guess their stuff runs on the slim side, but it does fit me well.

Trouper

New in Town
The size chart on Pike Bros is wrong then. 6 inches is a big difference! According to their chart, your jacket should be a Large at 66cm or 52"

Merv

I can do nothing other than agree my friend, unless there has been a mix up somewhere and a batch has been mislabelled, I can only go with what I have. This is the only item of clothing I have which is Pike Brothers, other than that no excuses, it is what it is, my new one is awesome though and I love it. Shopping for clothing sure ain't like it was, although I have to say it is a bit pointless, these companies putting measurements on their websites if the items they pertain to, turn out to in correct.

Motocann

One Too Many
Merv

I can do nothing other than agree my friend, unless there has been a mix up somewhere and a batch has been mislabelled, I can only go with what I have. This is the only item of clothing I have which is Pike Brothers, other than that no excuses, it is what it is, my new one is awesome though and I love it. Shopping for clothing sure ain't like it was, although I have to say it is a bit pointless, these companies putting measurements on their websites if the items they pertain to, turn out to in correct.
I agreed. Some do their sizing better than others. I usually try to help people out with fit advice if I own a brand or particular piece that they might be interested in buying but, aren't sure about the sizing. I'm glad you posted your fit issue, because my nephew was looking at this very same jacket to buy.

Trouper

New in Town
I agreed. Some do their sizing better than others. I usually try to help people out with fit advice if I own a brand or particular piece that they might be interested in buying but, aren't sure about the sizing. I'm glad you posted your fit issue, because my nephew was looking at this very same jacket to buy.

No worries dude. That's the beauty of forums, collective info and experience is always good. Would be interesting to know if any other fellow Pike Brothers N1 owners have had, or come across similar issues, I guess when you take into account every process, error margins, etc when materials are cut it can happen, doesn't make it right though. I work in the Motorcycle industry, and I have see as much as 1'' difference in measurements on very reputable companies tape measures, so put that in the mix and i'm not surprised the end product and customer suffers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley