Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pillow-face

MissHannah

One Too Many
Anyone got any tips for getting rid of imprints of pillow creases in the face in the morning?! I seem to be getting them a lot at the moment and they don't go by the time I leave the house! Anyone know how to get them to 'pop out' a bit quicker?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I haven't tried this myself, but I know that Smuterella recommends silk pillow cases to avoid this problem. Chances are you already know that. Somebody else have any helpful thoughts?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Yes, she did give me that tip but I'm not too keen on silk pillowcases and they are a little bit costly too. I was hoping for a more instant solution, such as a cold flannel or something!!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
Yes, she did give me that tip but I'm not too keen on silk pillowcases and they are a little bit costly too. I was hoping for a more instant solution, such as a cold flannel or something!!

I was going to suggest a silk pillowcase as well as I have one and it's brilliant! They are £30 but well worth it and it washes in the machine with all my other sheets:

http://www.silkperfect.com/order.php

If you have a pillow mark maybe gently massaging the area might help it fade quicker?

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
I've read to use satin. I was thinking about doing the same thing, in a synthetic material, so it doesn't soak up the oils in my hair. I was thinking about just buying the stain and making them myself.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
MissHannah said:
Anyone got any tips for getting rid of imprints of pillow creases in the face in the morning?!

Don't think twice MissHanna. Satin Pillowcases is the answer.
You don't need to buy the whole set of bed sheets, just the pillow cases. They are cheap and you can coordinate them with the colors of your quilt cover or room decor. I have 3 pairs, 2 in white and one in beige. They are fantastic for the hair too! :D
Happy Sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emer

One of the Regulars
I've had this issue before too, but silk/satin cases never worked for me (always gave me static-head). I don't know what your face routine is, but I will give my face a good splash of luke warm water, pat dry, and aply my cold cream like I'm taking off my make-up. The massaging motion seems to get the blood flowing and helps perk up my skin. I'll use a wash cloth to remive the cream and pat dry again. By the time I've finished my make-up the lines are usually gone.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Emer said:
I've had this issue before too, but silk/satin cases never worked for me (always gave me static-head). I don't know what your face routine is, but I will give my face a good splash of luke warm water, pat dry, and aply my cold cream like I'm taking off my make-up. The massaging motion seems to get the blood flowing and helps perk up my skin. I'll use a wash cloth to remive the cream and pat dry again. By the time I've finished my make-up the lines are usually gone.

Thanks Emer - I'll try this. My morning skincare routine is almost zero - I just splash water on my face and then apply moisturiser and primer before starting on the make-up. Part of the problem is that at 36 my skin is aging - I never had this problem in my twenties I'm sure! I also get terrible dents around my hairline from my sleepnet sometimes, even though it's quite loose!

Smuterella

One Too Many
silk not satin, satin these days is often made of artificial fibres. You need to smoothness of a tight woven silk. no static, no pillow creases, feels lovely to sleep on. :D

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I have made my pillowcases of a very soft, slippery and breathable satin rayon, I love them! no more creases and really gentle on the hair.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Medvssa said:
I have made my pillowcases of a very soft, slippery and breathable satin rayon, I love them! no more creases and really gentle on the hair.

I was thinking the same thing. Satins made with cotton harbor static and absorb oils from hair. I love flannel (from cotton, of course), in the winter, but my hair looks like crap, when I wake up. Phyllis Diller would be jealous of my morning poof.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Smuterella said:
silk not satin, satin these days is often made of artificial fibres.

Satin rayon like Medvussa and others have mentioned is perfect for me. :)
But, then again...we are all different, we all have our different opinions, that's a fact! ;)

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
sleeping on your back is maybe the only surefire way to avoid this problem. It used to happen to me when i was younger (like 10) so it might not be an age thing.
I guess maybe just smoothing out the pillow case before you sleep might also work. Or getting a bigger pillow so that the fabric is tighter and has less folds.

And for the hair problem, try wrapping you head in a scarf before you go to bed (like you would do if you were curling your hair overnight)

MissHannah

One Too Many
I move around in my sleep loads - I can't control where I end up! I've always suffered from pillow face but when i was in my 20's it would be gone within 10 minutes of getting up and now it's more like an hour, if I'm lucky! Maybe the silk pillowcase is the only way. Where can you get them in the UK? (I'm not a sewer). Ideally I'd need red or deep pink tp avoid hair dye stains :rolleyes:

Wil Tam

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Ideally I'd need red or deep pink to avoid hair dye stains :rolleyes:

...and drool
684.gif

JK lol

have you tried really cold water on you face in the morning ... it shocks you awake & tightens the pores

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR