Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink Confessions - Poll

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
I think of pink as a very traditional/vintage male thing. Despite some disparaging remarks in other threads... how many guys here own some sort of attire in pink?

I'll confess to: a pink belt, a solid pink oxford cloth dress shirt and couple of casual ones in stripes, a pink polo/golf shirt and several ties with various pink elements.

Anyone else confessing this Easter week?

Burma Shave

One of the Regulars
No...

...but not because it's too feminine. I used to have red hair, and with my coloring the color pink just makes me look ill. The closest thing I have to pink is a light violet shirt. Pink is to red as violet is to purple, so I guess it's essentially the same thing.

Paink!

The variety pink covers a fair amount of hues. You can pair a pink hued dress shit to a suit and tie and come out looking pretty fine and still masculine. I did have pink dress shirts but most were from someone putting a red item in the washer with my white shirts. In the actual choice I had a nice dress shirt a long time ago that was pink and went well with a grey suit.

Sincerely,:eek:

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Vintage or not - pink shirts are simply terrible. Of course, I'm aware that this is a matter of personal taste, and so I won't generalise. More than what's obvious, I mean. :D Interestingly, I don't associate them with the Golden Era, rather with aspiring young bankers of the 80s.

(As an aside, I'm not a friend of pink-style females either, "pinbk-style" meaning false na?Øvet?©, coquetry etc. I even suspect liking this has a subtle touch of paedophilia.)

I love pink. Shirts and ties aplenty in my wardrobe (baby pink, peach pink, salmon pink, you name it ...). And for buttonhole flowers, i usually aim for a shade of pink.

Don't know about the trad/vintage male thing. I know in Britain, golden era men had no problem wearing pink shirts etc. In fact there has never been an issue with wearing pink n in GB, so far as i'm aware (maybe victorians woiuld have had a problem).

Long Live Pink!!

bk

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have a pale pink dress shirt that I pair with a silver tie on silver pinstripes. It is an elegant look.

back in the thirties, men wore a whole host of pastel tones from pink to corals, to oranges, to lime greens. Don't forget Gatsby's pink suit. ;)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
In May, as the sun puts in a serious day's work, long about the May two-four weekend and all the way through to about June when burn leathers up to tan, I AM PINK. :eek:

During that time I will not wear my pink tie as it looks like I've left my shirt open to the waist again, and not just on Tom Jones night at the Karaoke Tree.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since I lean more towrds the 1950's styles, pink is a staple of my wardrobe:shirts, pants, belts, shoes, even gab jackets. And no, I don't wear all of that at once, silly!
flat-top

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Girls like a guy in pink

Braxton36 said:
I think of pink as a very traditional/vintage male thing. Despite some disparaging remarks in other threads... how many guys here own some sort of attire in pink?

I'll confess to: a pink belt, a solid pink oxford cloth dress shirt and couple of casual ones in stripes, a pink polo/golf shirt and several ties with various pink elements.

Anyone else confessing this Easter week?
A while back my mother bought me a few nice shirts. One was a pink check thing. She saw me try it on and raved. I had a friend whose favorite color is pink. For her birthday party one year, I wore said pink check shirt. She and a numer of other girls at the party gave me compliment after compliment.

I have one nice Perry Ellis solid light pink shirt. I don't wear it all the time, but when I do it's a really snazzy thing. With a nice silver tie I have, it makes for a pink-gray look. Wasn't that combo popular in the 30s or 40s or something?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I have three pink dress shirts; two solids and one oxford stripe. I've always thought the color goes well with my skin tones. During the late 90's and early 2000's, it was almost impossible to find shirts in this color, but they are starting to show up again.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I think men look terrific in a pink dress shirt. Ya gotta get the "right" pink for your coloring though. My husband and our young son (age 13yo) both have them in their wardrobe, plus a tie or two each with pink in it.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
...You can pair a pink hued dress shit to a suit and tie and come out looking pretty fine and still masculine....

I'm sorry, but this had me giggling uncontrollably like a little girl. Guess I'm childish. :p

But yes, I agree with what John meant if the hue of pink is right and harmonizes well with the suit and other accoutrements.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
No pink for me, but I don't wear orange either.

Moss Suit Shops ran a campaign a few years back "Real Men Wear Pink" - I'm dubious as to whether wearing pink has anything to do with you being a "real" man or not.

I do agree with the point that the ladies often seem to love men in pink, so it does it's upsides.

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
No pink here. A few Hawaiian-ish shirts with pink flowers on them, but no pink suits/ties/dress shirts. Doesn't seem to mesh properly with my coloring.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
A group...

...of us bought them as a joke years ago. I wore it once for the joke, and it went to to thrift after that.

Nothing now. I leave that color to my wife and daughter.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Another old thread revived...nonetheless, I look horrible in pink, I have hypertension, and even when it is medically controlled, my face has a tendency to get red, and flushed, and I look just ghastly in pink. Yuck. I have no issue wiht the notion of wearing it, not an issue of masculinity, just not my color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner