Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me with info about this Union Tag

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Can you determine the date of manufacture by the tags on this sweater? The ILGWU emblem is something I haven't seen yet and I'd like to learn so I know when I see this again. Also, on the back of that tag is the Union emblem for the paper tag makers themselves (!).

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
Well according to my research the ILGWU label didn't adopt the "AFL-CIO" part until Sept of 1955. It seems like it stayed this way until the 90s. I also found this label was in-use from 1963 to 1974.

Hope that helps.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Jay - it does help. I also found a photo of Bamberger's store from the '70s with that logo in use. Looking like it's tying it together into that general period. Of course, they could have used that trademark from the '50s until the '80s when Macy's gobbled them.

theinterchange

One Too Many
It would be interesting to have a thread just on the different permutations of the union label so those of us who still have something to learn had a one stop resource.

Or is there already a thread in existence?

Randy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW