Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help to identify the A2 (with art)

Stand By

One Too Many
And this is the effect that I was speaking about - where the weather vane appears either grey or white, depending on the angle ...!

Vane1.jpg Vane2.jpg RAFChelveston14.jpg TriangleG.JPG

And the 422nd squadron insignia can be seen on the far right pillar on the other photo.
And lastly Robrinay, if your pal asks why the Triangle G on his jacket apprears as a white triangle with a black G (actually Insignia Blue was used on the bombers) and not a black triangle and a green stripe and white G as seen here, reassure him that it is still correct; my reference material ("Battle Colours, Insignia and Markings of the Eighth Air Force of WWII, Vol. I Bomber Comand, pgs 54-55" by Robert A. Watkins) states that the white triangle was used up to August 1944.

Stand By

One Too Many
You're very welcome.
And nice Prisoner jacket on your avatar there (… and I spent most of my time last month back in the UK in Sheffield - when La Tour rode in … still a top city).

robrinay

One Too Many
Ta - The picture was taken by my wife Liz during our honeymoon - we spent a few days staying in 'The Village' in Snowdonia Wales. Liz rented us a Morgan for the stay - My favourite over the Lotus / Caterham 7. An amazing place to visit especially if you watched 'The Prisoner'.
Sheffield is a great place to live - edge of the Peak district, lots of trees, great architecture and good vintage clothing shops in city centre and Antiques Quarter in Abbeydale Road area etc. etc.
Good news and a big thank you to Denny Calder, the Talon zip pull has arrived and is now fitted and working properly.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The Prisoner was, and probably will ever be, the only tv series I've watched in its entirety. Kind of disjointed, but I loved it.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
The Prisoner was, and probably will ever be, the only tv series I've watched in its entirety. Kind of disjointed, but I loved it.
Not quite A2 related haha(Just how far can Lounge topics go 'off topic':D ) but anyway.
The Prisoner was filmed in the Welsh village of Portmeirion.
I remember seeing it as an 8 year old in the 1960s and thought it was wierd then. Loved the bubble thing though that always got him during escapes. After his first encounter I always wondered why the Prisoner did not carry a pencil to stab it with.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
But that's a great likeness! The person who told me the poker story said he was pretty grumpy at the best of times. They were actually preparing to re-make The Prisoner when McG lost the rights to a guy who then did his own version of it (lasted one season!). I love the series, though - one of the very few shows to feature an original Beatles song (in that very odd final episode).

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There was some bickering going on between McGoohan and the other director as to the direction of the series. I remember reading that this was why the episodes didn't quite make up a chronological storyline.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I had some of my happiest TV moments watching The Prisoner on DVD about 10 years ago. Absolutely brilliant. But as an anal retentive who likes a good conclusion, I was thrown by the last episode and felt kind of ripped off (and yes, I did read how it came about - didn't help me, I'm afraid). Be seeing you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24