Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please look at this old rocking chair

ScarlettTurner

New in Town
This is my husband's rocking chair.
It's made of walnut with oak, maple, and pine inlay. It had a tin bottom to it, since changed.
Held together with wood screws and bolts.

Has anyone seen a chair like this? He's wondering about it, how old it might be, etc.

TIA

chairfrontviewLR.jpg

chairarm1LR.jpg

rockingchair1.jpg

headrestLR.jpg

Starius

Practically Family
I am by no means very knowledgeable in this area, but it reminds me of some Shaker furniture/construction. Though, the detail on the arm rest would probably suggest otherwise.

Its a very neat rocking chair where ever it came from!

Rick S.

New in Town
It, seems to be rooted in the Arts and Crafts period, but has elements of modernism as well. Very F.L Wright - and very cool. Love it.

rick

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've never seen a chair like that either. It is very exquisite, really one of a kind and lovely. You should check to see when Antiques Roadshow is in your area, that would be the perfect item to bring in and have appraised! I bet it would turn a lot of heads.
I too think it looks like Arts and Crafts, but it has a bit more modern feel to it. Maybe at the end of the movement. It's really innovative, and the lines are stunning. You have yourself quite the treasure:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred