Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

plumper lips

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I'm seeing products for plumping up lips virtualy everywhere. Does this stuff really work? and what results have you guys gotten from some of these products?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I bought such a product at Bath and Body Works and my lips definitely feel fatter when applied. The fatter feeling only lasts 1-2 hours though. But it does work.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wish I could remember the name of the stuff that I bought. I've heard of such products working, but this one was a scam. It was pure cinnamin, so of course it plumped the lips, it burned them so badly they swelled! It was kind of funny though, and I ended up keeping it on. My lips never looked so full and shiny! In the end, I ended up throwing it away, it was just too darn painful...

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Do we really need plumper lips?

[huh]

All the same I do have Duwop's venom, which doesn't do too much to my lips, except burn them.

If you really have too thin lips see a plastic surgeon. If that seem like too much, your lips probably are fine just the way they are.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I wish I could remember the name of the stuff that I bought. I've heard of such products working, but this one was a scam. It was pure cinnamin, so of course it plumped the lips, it burned them so badly they swelled! It was kind of funny though, and I ended up keeping it on. My lips never looked so full and shiny! In the end, I ended up throwing it away, it was just too darn painful...

It was probably a cinnamon oil based product, those are down right horrific, if used excessively it can actually cause burns from what I hear:eek:
Really all a plumper does is irritate your lips, the skin is really delicate there. I find if I bite firmly for several seconds a few times the blood will come to the surface and plumps my lips, but I also hear that DuWop Venom is fantastic, I plan to try it sometime, when I can afford to splurge, it's 30 some odd dollars up here:eek:

Adelle Rose

New in Town
Can anyone living in the UK recommend lip plumper that isnt glossy? Lip gloss looks crap on me, my lips are quite big but I would like to feel as if I have big lips. I can't buy stuff online because my Mum doesn't have a credit card lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I used a mint lip moisturizer-thingy from Burts Bees, the strong mint it swelled my lips and made them fuller. I don't know if it was supposed to do that or not; the label said nothing about it, but I enjoyed the look.

Stung a bit though.

-Viola

Molly O'Star

New in Town
I've used the Too Faced line of "Lip Injection" products. There is a good deal of hopping around the bathroom, yelling, "Ow, why did I do that?" following application, so I only use if for really special occasions.

For something that's not so painful, try the Sally Hansen "Maximum Collagen Lip Treatment." It's a blam that you apply each day like you would chapstick. It contains vitamins and collagen and really does make your lips look generally nicer, fuller and just plain pretty.

The stinging lip plumpers are also a bummer if you plan on kissing anyone. Ouch!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol isn't that the point of making your lips all plump and nice- to make them all the more kissable?
Physician's formula has come out with a nice product lately (or so I've heard) within the next couple of days, I'll tell you gals how it fares!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
PrettySquareGal said:
Just thinking....what happens after you lock lips with a fellow...will he walk away looking like Mick Jagger? :eusa_doh:
lol That's all a girl needs...to have her guy think he's got an allergic reaction to her!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran