Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Political Correctness is going to kill us all.

Oh man! That is just too much. I am glad my posterior is not going to be in an airplane anytime soon. It is going to take another incident for the people to get wise and demand more scrutiny for those that obviously need it.
Political correctness be damned. :rage: We are talking about thugs who have no compunction about killing women, children and the disabled just because we are Americans. When we wake up and realize we are in a war against these extremeists then we will be able to confront them correctly not politically correct. :mad:

Regards to all,

J

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
I have a friend how is a former pilot for American. He retired in the wake of 9/11, due in part to the governments in ability to properly protect the plane and passengers. He says that 9/11 showed just how bad airline security was. The sad thing is that it has not improved, and this article shows that. Air marshals, more baggage screening, taking shoes off (except orthopedic shoes - which means my Aldens should be alright), none of this will work in the long run. There are more ways to take down or take over a plane than you can shake a stick at. Sneaking a box cutter on a plane is nothing new (it is no different from a knife, and that has been done many times before). There are some simple, no-tech (nothing brought on board) was to take over a flight and eventually take it down. Things that an air marshal would even be take off guard by (I won't go into them here in case some terrorist reading this, but there is some hints to one of the simplest ways in the article).

Did you know that when an air marshal leaves the service, they are not replaced, which means the force protecting the passengers in the skies is getting smaller. However, I think the current air marshal program is a joke. They are not on every flight and the odds of being on a flight with an air marshal are VERY low. The Israeli national airline, El-Al, has not had a successful terrorist attack made upon it since 1969. Why? If there is any other nationality that the Arab world would like to destroy it is the Israeli?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. However, they know they cannot get past El-Al's strict security. They have armed guards on every flight, passengers must check in three hours before their flight, endure intensive questioning and screening, and the cockpits are sealed so that no one (including flight attendants) can enter during the flight. Also, from what I understand, other than going to the bathroom, you are to remain seated during the entire flight and flight attendants are trained to handle themselves and protect the plane. This is what we need to do to keep our skies safe. Sure, some will say that security like this will "trample on out civil liberties" but sometime you have to do this in order to be safe. After all, three years 19 terrorists used these "civil liberties" to kill more than 3,000 innocent people.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
My wife and I just read the article together. Never before have we done so much yelling AT a screen.

When I was flying back from Colorado, I had a lay-over in Chicago. Before boarding the plane again, they pulled a Swedish female exchange student, me for talking to her, a WWII vetran (said so on his hat) and his wife.

While we were getting grilled, we watched a few Middle Eastern men board the plane.

At this point, we're BEGGING the terrorists to try it again. And what ever happens, the media will find away to make it President Bush's fault.

Oh Man! It just keeps getting worse as this story progresses. I heard some of it on talk radio this afternoon as well. This is just unnerving. If something is not done, it is just a matter of time before another tragedy occurs. This should not be the price we pay for the stupidity of political correctness. I am tired of it.
We have to be realistic. our characteristics are what determines who we are and what we look like. Irish nuns are not likely to hijack a plane so leave them alone! Roust out the people that are most likely to be who we are looking for. Secondly, if we find some suspicious characters then it is time we held them for the 72 hours and do some in depth research into who they REALLY are. :rage: Lives may depend on it---maybe mine. If they do not want to go through the hastle then stay home. I do unless I am required not to.
This is really frosting me. Every time we have government involved in something like this they fail miserably. Maybe it is time they contract this out to private firms who have no qualms about searching those that need searching. Perhaps we can get the same people who do a marvelous job on El Al every day. They have no problem making sure that hijackings have not taken place in thirty years or more.

Regards to all,

J

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Hey, Edge?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s funny how you brought this up again. Over on The Raven a debate raged about what to do about terrorism. I brought up the problem of the FBI, CIA and the FAA all failed to do their jobs.

The only way to totally guarantee another September 11th would never happen again would be to deny Middle Eastern men from entering the country and deport those who are here illegally.

Then, someone from France said: You can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t do that, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s immoral and illegal.

Instead of shooting my mouth off, I first talked to one of my in-laws whose a lawyer. She broke it down like this: There is no LAW that says that Country A can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t prevent people from Country X from entering. They can for whatever arbitrary reason say: We don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want you coming into this country.

Here?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s three examples of how and why a country can deny entry or detain people from a particular country in extreme circumstances?¢‚Ǩ¬¶

During World War II, the United States government interned Japanese-American?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s after the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Also, most Germans were denied entry into the United States for obvious reasons. There are also several accounts that there were indeed German Fifth Columnists preparing to commit acts of sabotage in the state of New York, vindicating the policy of denying German?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s access into the United States.

Third, a hypothetical situation where Ebola strikes a country such as Ethiopia. The United States could deny the entry of any citizen of that country and sight a public health concern.

Here?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s another point, Country F can not tell Country A they have to accept immigrants from Country X. If that were the case, what would be THE POINT in having boarders at all? Nobody from Country X has a ?¢‚Ǩ?ìRight?¢‚Ǩ? to enter Country A unless they have a visa, and only then it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a privilege that can be revoked for any reason.

All of this is academic. But rather discuss the validity of this concept (as distasteful as it may sound), they would rather trash me and paint me as a racist. I just suggested securing the boarder, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not the one who?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s flying planes into buildings to kill people?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ but I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m a racist.

Imahomer

Practically Family
After reading that article two things came to mind. First, our security system in airports has never been top notch. Going back prior to 9/11, if you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve ever traveled internationally you know that our security (compared to that of other nations) was almost zero! The reason? Americans are, for the most part, impatient and never saw the need for it. Even now you can go to an airport and if you have to wait to pass through security you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll hear the complaints. Usually stemming from people not allowing themselves enough time and their being in a rush.

The second part that got me was the inability to target obviously suspicious persons. I fully understand the concept of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìprofiling?¢‚Ǩ? and if you keep on top of the terrorist bulletins (like I do), you are aware of the fact that terrorist cells now try to utilize non Arab looking personnel. So I do understand that you just can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t stop anyone, anywhere... At least you can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t do it in the U.S.A. However, I also know there are things like ?¢‚Ǩ?ìProbable Cause?¢‚Ǩ?, or ?¢‚Ǩ?ìReasonable Suspicion?¢‚Ǩ?. That is if there are a set of facts that would lead a reasonable person to conclude that a illegal incident is taking place, action can be taken. I find it very hard to fathom that all of the events that took place in that article were witnessed and that there were Sky Marshall?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s on board and yet nothing was done until after the plane landed! That is not only absurd, but smacks of incompetence as well.

At least that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s my two cents worth.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I was on a local talk show yesterday and I made a point that I thought was good (Hears the sound of arm braking while patting one's self on the back...)

Don't be chicken Little yelling about one part of the sky falling when it isn't while another part that you don't want to adress is coming down hard.

They're virtually closing up the city of Boston during the Idiot Convention next week... but leaving the Airport open. All the roads are closed to traffic with in parts of the city to everything but foot traffic and bikes, The Highways are closed period, and the harbor is "Secure".

But the Airport... nope. Flights will be leaving Logan Airport on time. Now... the jets that crashed into The Twin Towers- Where did they come from?

Do you see my point?

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Ren,

Sounds like the same old crap over at the Raven. I'm sure you remember why I had the Admin there delete my account a few years back. Too many European kids with their asinine anti-American hatred. No thanks.

What really annoys me about this story, and I must admit that my BS alarms were going off, was that none of the passengers stood up and confronted these guys about their actions and behavior. After reading some other independent articles that lead me to believe this was an actual account it made me even more mad that everyone sat there passively. After September 11, 2001 I thought that the average American citizen would never again allow an airline to be hijacked. After reading this story I tend to wonder if that is true. Has our culture so femanized our men that we will no longer stand up for what is right in the face of possible danger and bodily harm? When was the last time any of you turned around in a movie theater and told a group of young punks making noise to shut the hell up or get out? If the girlie-men (thank you, Arnold) of this country wouldn't do that how would they stand up on a cramped airplane and put their dignity and life on the line?

One of the many pieces of gear I carry on a daily basis is a bandana. You would not believe how incredibly useful a bandana is for any number of tasks. Anyway, since airlines will no longer allow me to carry a knife onboard I now carry a roll of quarters. I had one with me on my flight to and from Maryland this past May along with my daily carry bandana. Two things no TSA person would think twice about. Now if I open up the bandana, place the roll of quarters inside and fold the bandana around it I have a very nasty blackjack for close encounters. If I was on that plane and a bunch of Middle Eastern men kept getting up and acting suspicious you can bet your sweet bippy I'd have had my make shift sap in hand. At some point I would have stood up, verbally confronted them and either become a major problem for some would be terrorists or made an ass of myself (something I'm fairly good at).

Especially if I turned around and saw other worried and crying passengers. I respect that the author's husband got up and confided in the stewardess but what kind of man was he for not actually bringing the fight to the perpetrators of such emotional duress. If you or I are going to protect ourselves and our loved ones we have got to be proactive and disregard people's feelings. Even if we feel like an idiot doing it. I'd rather be a living racist than a politically correct dead man.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Edge?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ I feel the same way you do about that forum. My problem though is that I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not about to abandon it because there needs to be a strong, intelligent conservative voice there. Until that person comes along I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll keep his seat warm.

Many of the people who I argue with there are academics who have no real concept of the real world. They see this conflict as ?¢‚Ǩ?ìour?¢‚Ǩ? fault, that we brought this upon ourselves through our own selfishness. They also think that if we ?¢‚Ǩ?ìgive?¢‚Ǩ? and ?¢‚Ǩ?ìshare more?¢‚Ǩ? with the world we can end this. They don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t realize that there is EVIL in this world, or they don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t see evil for what it is. Evil governments like the ones that once occupied Chechnya, Iraq and Germany had EVERYTHING they could have wanted but still they sought to make people suffer. No about of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìcooperation?¢‚Ǩ? or feelings of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìGlobal Community?¢‚Ǩ? could extinguish that evil. You can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t wish that kind of tyrannical evil any more you can wish a way a forest fire.

There are some good people on The Raven. Sadly I think that too many of them feel restrained and conflicted. You have to be an academic and a fan of Jones, but you can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t be into defeating evil with out using some justified violence. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s like a forum for sheep that are fans of a charismatic wolf.

Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
There are some good people on The Raven. Sadly I think that too many of them feel restrained and conflicted. You have to be an academic and a fan of Jones, but you can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t be into defeating evil with out using some justified violence. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s like a forum for sheep that are fans of a charismatic wolf.

Man, this sounds like a forum that I would love to get into so I could tell off a couple of nuts. Sounds like it would be therapeutic LOL
Let me know the address so I can join. We can double-team them that way. :D

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You're on a "Roll"

" Anyway, since airlines will no longer allow me to carry a knife onboard I now carry a roll of quarters. I had one with me on my flight to and from Maryland this past May along with my daily carry bandana. Two things no TSA person would think twice about. Now if I open up the bandana, place the roll of quarters inside and fold the bandana around it I have a very nasty blackjack for close encounters. If I was on that plane and a bunch of Middle Eastern men kept getting up and acting suspicious you can bet your sweet bippy I'd have had my make shift sap in hand"

Wow Edge, you sure know how to affect "change" in the world. LOL LOL

farnham54

A-List Customer
I read a very interesting article recently. It was about a thing called "Right Man Syndrome". Basically, what that is is this: 5 percent of the population are essentially wired differently upstairs.

They are more prone to being aggressive, standing up for themselves, being intelligent, and being courageous. Basically, they are the Natural Leaders of this world--the Pattons, the Hal Moores, and yes, even the Saddam Husseins (I am in no way comparing the preceeding names, to do so is a travesty. I am merely saying that all of those men probobly were from the same 5 percentile)

We have diluted that 5 percent down through our portrayal of "Compromise" and "Passivnes" as the way to go. And also through the "teaching" of leadership. Leadership cannot be taught, in my opinion. It is natural. You either get it or you do not. So few people actually realize they are the Natural Leaders of this world! So few realize this fact and THAT is why you had 180 odd people sitting on this plane watching those men being concerned, and doing nothing more.

The short of it, gents: The world needs Leadership; The world needs an ass kicking Hero to make people realize that leadership.

Regards,

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot