Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll - How old...?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
The house I live in was first built in 1986. Then, in 1999, Hurricane Floyd almost totally destroyed it. I had to rebuild more than 60% of it in early 2000. In 2006 I finally saved enough money to have it raised above Hurricane Floyd's flood level. Then I did an addition last year that increased its heated area by almost a third. Last week I had a contractor completely rebuild what was left of the original 1986 porch and stairs to the porch. To sum it up, I guess a tiny little portion of my house is twenty-seven years old and some of it is as new as last week.

AF

My home just turned 161 years old,it was the village blacksmiths house here in Castleton Corners,Staten Island NY,when the home was built the town was called Middletown,when I purchased the home the barn and shop were still on the property.It was the last standing blacksmith`s shop in the 5 borough`s!

earl

A-List Customer
113 years old. When we moved in over 1 year ago, it came with a compilation of every transaction involving the original plat going back to 1874. Interesting document of local history in itself. Earl

Foxer55

A-List Customer
No vintage here. Bought this place in the DC Maryland burbs in 2008 - just before the market tanked. No idea now about how many years it will take now for the selling price to get back up to the mortgage balance. Not in the best area but it is a decent housing development and really convenient location.

Typical tract or spec home. Construction is so-so but it all works. Despite the fact I live in some really tight, close in suburbs the property is surrounded by a small woods with all kinds of game from deer to fox, to racoon, etc.

house report023.jpg

I can't stand W/W carpet and demanded H/W floors throughout which were an extra $10K.

IMG_0047.jpg

Copy of IMG_0049.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy