Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Thanks for the kind notes on the Otto Matt (and thank you Mario)... I'm happy to have it and happier that it finally arrived safe and sound.

CCJ - thank you! To your questions... I am fortunate to have a job I've been at for a long time that indulges me with time to fool around with hobbies. It isn't difficult to choose what hat to wear each day - more of a daily regimen. I look forward to it. Unfortunately I am a 7/ 7 1/8. Like many of us, I am much better at buying than selling. :eusa_doh:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like many of us, I am much better at buying than selling. :eusa_doh:

Truer words have never been spoken - I'm still working on Alan for a couple of his gems! Currently reading books on how to incorporate oneself into another's last will and testament ;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I recently got a new Federation IV (Akubra hat). The color is tawny fawn, and it fits great.

IMG_1003_zpsbeab61aa.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I really like the look of your Dualist, SRX. I'd want more brim personally, but the look of the hat is great.

Purely by coincidence a similar hat arrived here today.

I had an Optimo Montecristi that I wasn't fond of and Art combined it with his Black Cherry lightweight felt to create the VS Optimo Surprise. Very hard to get the detail to show with just my phone camera available so here is just one shot for now.

smugshot_8539900-L.jpg

Then, just to make it a fantastic hat day, this Indy hat arrived from the hat shop of John Penman.

The Indy IV is one of my favorite hats and now I have the Penman in Black Cherry to keep my Granite Adventurebilt company.

smugshot_8982387-L.jpg

So two hats from two of the best hatmakers arrive in one day. Must be my birthday or something!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
From London to Berlin to Evanston and from Bregenz to Berlin to Buffalo. This old Austrian Otto Matt came to me from Mario. I love the hat, but of course I bought it for the distinctive diamond crease. :) Giving a first wearing after its five week transatlantic journey.

ottomatt1.jpg

Dang! Have I come too late for the party? ;)

Alan - I'm so glad the hat finally made it to you. And the fact that it not only fits but that you really seem to like it makes it even better. Looking great on you, too! :eusa_clap :D

Thanks. In the spirit of Horn and Hardart, it was a great deal... but I really missed that good old instant delivery.
plane.gif

It sure was a long journey this time. Almost made me loose what little faith in parcel delivery companies I have left.

Last edited:
Thank you Josh and Mario.

Unusually long transit it seems. I've sent a few things to lounge members in Germany via postal service and I believe the time was more like two weeks. The holidays can play havoc.

It is safe now and in happy hands. :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Purely by coincidence a similar hat arrived here today.
So two hats from two of the best hatmakers arrive in one day. Must be my birthday or something!

A friend of mine years ago used to declare "The Week of Phil" when his birthday rolled around. You're hot on his heels, David! :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Unusually long transit it seems. I've sent a few things to lounge members in Germany via postal service and I believe the time was more like two weeks. The holidays can play havoc.

Average transit time from the US to Germany is approx. ten days but then I've had some stuff arrive here after a mere five days. [huh] From Germany to the US it usually take a few days longer, approx. 10-14 working days. But items travelling under the radar for five weeks tend to have a disastrous effect on my nervous system for weeks to come. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot