Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
GHT - looks good. Are you sticking with the feather?
Maybe, it's like any accoutrement, I can chop and change between five different styles of feather, or, just leave out the feather, it depends on what suits what, at the time of wearing.

The hat is part of a complete look that I am putting together. It all came about from a family photo, taken towards the end of The Golden Era. In that photo, I coveted my Dad's suit, I'm having one made, although not in similar material, in similar style. So far I have the hat from Stetsons, the art deco tie from Fox & Chave, the collarless shirt and detachable collar from Darcy. Still awaiting for the suit and shoes, I nearly forgot Rocket Originals, from whom I have bought the fair isle socks. When the outfit is complete, I'll post it on: "Putting it all together."

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Rob Crossley at Rocacha. He's made me three suits and countless blazers, jackets and trousers. Current suit will cost: £625.00 including VAT. But P&P works out at £25, because he uses a dedicated courier so as to avoid loss, theft or damage.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Annixter, Rick, Richard, Alan and GHT : Thanks a lot. It's my first Parabuntal, so I have nothing to compare with. I can only say, that my imagination is unable to produce a nicer one than this :)

The specs are:
Crown: 4.5" (plus Optimo-ridge)
Brim: 2-5/8"
Ribbon: 16''' (1-7/16") Dusty Green

Tip: Mike had three of them, and I bought one. Two weeks ago he still had two available :)

Received this new Fedora from Falcon Park today. 100% beaver in bone with 1 1/2" burnt orange grosgrain ribbon. 2 5/8" bound brim. 4 3/4" finished crown.

20140324_164657_resized.jpg 20140324_164710_resized.jpg 20140324_164621_resized.jpg 20140324_164836_resized.jpg 20140324_164734_resized.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Harv, that hat has some serious wow factor. It looks good with the casual shirt you are wearing, just think of the Pzazz it would have with a summer suit like the one Denholm Elliott (Marcus Brody) wears in the movie: "Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade."

Thank you, GHT! I agree with you 100%. This is going to make a great hat to pair with summer suits. I am also happy that it works with casual wear as well, but burgundy was a poor choice for shirt color today. :D

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Let me start by saying that what follows doesn't reflect badly on the seller at all; it's about the post office and my own expectations. :) With that said...

I picked up his Dobbs Twenty knowing it had no liner and a rough sweatband, but the felt looked good, the measurements were right, and the cavanagh edge spoke of style. My first surprise--the seller sent it parcel post. Ok, so there was no additional shipping charge, and I didn't clarify how it would be shipped, so that's on me. My next surprise: the way it arrived:

image.jpg
image.jpg

I winced, hoping that the box took the brunt of the damage.

image.jpg
image.jpg

The good news is that the hat is clean, and its bones are solid. The ribbon's nothing to write home about. Since I was going to send it off for a new liner, I might as well throw in a new ribbon and a blocking. We'll see how this one ends up.

A

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ole, the parabuntal is paraperrrrfect. Incredible.

1mach1, I hope to see more of this stunning falcon park lid!

Congratulations!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Sorry to see that the Dobbs arrived crushed, Aaron. At least the felt is in nice shape. I'll be interested to see it when she's back from the shop. Are you going to keep the same color/size ribbon?

TPD166

One Too Many
I got this a few weeks ago for a project hat and have been tied up with a move since then. Late '60s or early '70s Resistol with a very tall crown and wide brim. Like new, but dirty from storage (I'm guessing). I dropped it off at Paris Hatters for cleaning and to have it blocked into an open crown. Haven't decided what to do with it yet, but figured I'd post a "before" shot tonight. If there's enough crown, maybe I'll do a double teardrop like I did for my son - but also considering something a little more "John Wayne" for the "after."

Here is the follow-up. Paris Hatters had my hat ready on time, but I was unable to pick it up for a couple of weeks due to travel. Paris Hatters did their usual fantastic job of cleaning and re-blocking it to an open crown. I finally got to work on it last night and here is the final product – added the Cavalry cord today.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harv - that Burnt Orange ribbon works beautifully with the bone.

Aaron - It's a good job felt hats are pretty resilient. My worst one was a fedora posted in a plastic mailing bag, and I managed to get that back with very little work.

Robert - they've done a good job on that clean up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo