Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Open Road from craigslist for $10 turned out to be too small for me so my wife ended up with my prize. I'm jealous.

Which is why all hat collectors need a correct block in their correct size. I've been on a quest for a no. 52 in 7/14 for forever but they are illusive. I got my needle and thread ready to go should the grail see fit to show itself to me.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Well the hat that was listed as a derby that I have been so well enlightened to by my good fellow loungers that is in fact a "short brimmed " Homburg arrived today .

I have left the crown still pushed out and kind of like it that way . I already have a brown burg with the same sized brim as compared to my other burgs with bigger brims.

The brown one I mentioned.

The bigger brimmed black one .

Quite a difference all the way around .

Well I guess I got a $30.00 education on what is and is not a derby, I still like the hat anyway because "I never met a hat I didn't like" :D

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars
The Penman Raiders has arrived...Oh My. Immaculate condition, buttery soft felt. I really am in love.. Photos to follow after my afternoons meetings. But oh my goodness - it is spectacular. I really am a little shaken. (not stirred). Its like the Rolls Royce has just pulled up in the drive way and I have the keys. John - you are an artist.

Latoso

Familiar Face
This is my new melusine porkpie from Optimo.
ja5a9yma.jpg
u3yna8y9.jpg
8aryzuse.jpg
2yju6y7y.jpg

Latoso

Familiar Face
You're right on the money alanfgag, it's 2 1/4" with a 4" crown. I'm loving yours though. Now I know I was right in picking that combo. Lol

Thanks bowlerman and TheDane. I think I spend as much time petting it as I do wearing it.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think Latoso's porkpie would get lost inside Alan's hat crown. :)

Finally got a Resistol Stagecoach. Not exactly what I wanted but at least it have a 4" brim. Love the tall crown and the felt feels nice, needs brushing to get rid of some dust.
Because the sun was almost down when I took those pictures, the color is not right. It is gray/silver, not tan.
As my sister wants to take pictures of me wearing a cowboy hat like J.R. Ewing this will look really nice.
stagsilver01.jpg

stagsilver02.jpg

stagsilver03.jpg

Las Vegas, Nevada!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui