Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TPD166

One Too Many
My "new" late 1960s to early 70s Stetson "10X Beaver." Color is "mist grey" (well it will be after a good cleaning). A quick rebash from an RCA crease to a center-dent to show off the tall crown. Felt is very nice - thin & soft.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived - new Black/Burgundy Tumwater.
Not sure what Tony does to the felt, but the quality of the finish is always just fantastic!

smugshot_1864638-L.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Well what read online is that back bows are a 50's type deal on hats. So that's probably why most back bows are 50's. I believe the hat that I showed above is 50's. And the ''X'' on the bow is (I think) more common than the no "X".

I understand this was a style for a time in the 20's, but have not seen examples. Anyone have a pre-1950's example?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys. I'm super pleased with the hat - great job by Tony!

After a quick crease jobbie, here's the headshot. I'd say black is the new black for sure!

smugshot_4862754-L.jpg

I'll post some photos in the Tumwater TonyB thread when I get a chance.

Carl Zeumer, Magazin Zum PFAU, measures ~ 59cm. I am not sure who made it (afraid to disturb the sweat) but I like the rustic look of the weave and the bow design / execution. Probably pre WWII.

14114223052_23b805da03_b.jpg

14137375853_7c359641ac_b.jpg

14094171536_8017ed9f1b_b.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks, guys. I'm super pleased with the hat - great job by Tony!

After a quick crease jobbie, here's the headshot. I'd say black is the new black for sure!

smugshot_4862754-L.jpg

I'll post some photos in the Tumwater TonyB thread when I get a chance.

Hello David! Wow...now I know why Tony has been busy! LOL! Regular killer hat you have there! I have to admit, I have known Daniel sooner or later would want to have a custom made by everyone that does make them, but Tony just seems to have his own "cut" of how he makes a hat look. He loves the hat Tony made for him.

Now with that hat, you only need 2 things...a 4 door model A car, and a Tommy Gun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot