Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lorne

One of the Regulars
Looking at its general lines, yes it does.

Looking at pictures of the whippet, it seems to have a dome bash with a pinched front. This hat is to soft to hold that shape without wet-blocking it.

I've got a cruciform bash with a pinch front. It holds that bash very well.

Lorne

One of the Regulars
I just called Shudde. They said that they sold Stetson Whippets under their own label and renovated them using their own sweats and liners without the RENSH on the liner.

I'll be damned. I scored a Whippet for 65$, shipping included.

Go Me....

Landman

One Too Many
Congratulations Lorne! Being from South Texas, I have seen quite a few Shudde Brothers hats and they all have been westerns or Open Road style hats. That is why I thought that was an unusual hat for them to make and was probably a renovation. Great find!

Landman

One Too Many
Shudde Bros Stetson 100

Here is my Shudde Brothers Stetson 100. I have had this since last year and never got around to posting pictures. Looks to me to be manufactured in the 1960's.

Landman

One Too Many
I realized I had not posted pictures when we started discussing Lorne's Shudde Brothers hat. I was looking for a link to my pictures to show him and couldn't find any!

The sweatband does show some light wear. Some of the gold foil is missing but the sweatband is not as stained as it looks in the pictures. It looks much better in person. The felt is in very nice shape.

g.durand

One Too Many
Mike,

I'm from that neck of the woods, too, and have my eye open for a hat in my size with the Shudde Brothers label. I picked up a '40s Stetsonian last year that was originally sold there and had a name tag under the sweatband with an Austin address. But it was too large for me and I wound up selling it to fellow lounger hatsRme.
RD5_zps324e9b72.jpg

They're still in business, now located in Brookshire, TX and owned and operated by Brookwood, a community for disabled adults. All of their profits now go to the community. Here is some historical info:
http://houstorian.wordpress.com/2007/01/18/shudde-bros-hatters/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot