Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewJack

Practically Family
Newjack - Funny you should say that about the bash, as the VS straw that I just got yesterday has, I think, pretty much the same bash. I asked Art Fawcett to model it on one I saw on Etsy. I'll post some pics soon. And that's a beautiful hat.

Thanks! I'm still a 'collector in training!' The great Art is working with me as well!

NewJack

Practically Family
Newly transformed Resistol! I think the color is simply stunning! An "Oasis Green". Not too flashy. This lid screams "Western Fedora!!" Wrestled this one right out the other bidder's hand! :eusa_clap

kingrat

One of the Regulars
Outstanding oasis ,love the hatband and the fly. More than likely needed a new sweatband made from real leather. Love the pinup. Kingrat

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
"New" one from John Galt! 1920s(?) Crofut & Knapp.

qa4y3yre.jpg

apanaby3.jpg

pytahase.jpg

9yny7abe.jpg

e2ebetas.jpg

6ahyzy5e.jpg

My initials (Thanks John)!

ujegu8y5.jpg

I like it both brim up and brim down.

a3eqeqy7.jpg

aruja6ed.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks Justin! Glad you like it! It suits you well. Hope it fits as well. Your postcard is in the mail.

Thanks to you also, Joao, hope you get your Resistol soon.

As for the green Resistol above, I have one in that shade, but I'm not converting it! Like Kingrat's work though. Looks a lot like a Rainbow.

Last edited:

NewJack

Practically Family
So NewJack green Resistol was a western?

Joao. I trully believe it was. The weight and the stiffness leads me to believe it was. All the characteristics; taller crown, (once) larger brim, yada yada. The seller mentions where he is, western hats are in abundance (Idaho). So, he gets a few and (gulp!) transforms them! Much to your chagrin, of course! Since the color was rare (for this novice), I simply had to have it!

NewJack

Practically Family
Newjack - Funny you should say that about the bash, as the VS straw that I just got yesterday has, I think, pretty much the same bash. I asked Art Fawcett to model it on one I saw on Etsy. I'll post some pics soon. And that's a beautiful hat.

Indeed! Thanx! Sometimes it's good to leave well enough alone!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
NewJack, That's an excellent looking Resistol. I love the color on that one. That looks like one of Dazzerdog's hats from eBay. He did a real nice job on that conversion. I like that. I bought three nice ones from him and mostly what he sells are pretty high end stuff. He's one of the few good sellers on eBay that I would trust to buy from. The only issue I see with your hat though, is that the lady on the liner isn't showing enough! ;)

Justin, Wow! That came out nice! John Galt did a really good job on that. I'm glad you like it. He's going to be making up one for me and send it Open Crown like yours.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao. I trully believe it was. The weight and the stiffness leads me to believe it was. All the characteristics; taller crown, (once) larger brim, yada yada. The seller mentions where he is, western hats are in abundance (Idaho). So, he gets a few and (gulp!) transforms them! Much to your chagrin, of course! Since the color was rare (for this novice), I simply had to have it!
That was what I though. I would only get it for the colour.

Kevlar

New in Town
New Lee for Me

Just got this Lee off Etsy -- a great deal. It is flat-out gorgeous and I only regret not buying it sooner. Condition is fine, especially the inside. Pics say it all.

I have to wait until much cooler weather to wear it, but I have some new straw hats, also from Etsy, that I can wear now that summer has officially begun.

The 2 inch back bow may be a repair/replacement, but it looks so good, I really don't care. Already gave it a good brushing and may steam the front of the brim to make it dip just a degree or two lower. Love the gray palette in hats. Blue, too.

NewLee2.jpg NewLee3.jpg NewLee4.jpg NewLee5.jpg NewLee6.jpg NewLee1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn