Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well a bit disappointed on this one bit it fits so nice...
I thought that the 4X Buffalo stamped on the sweatband indicated it would be made of fur from bison or buffalo but it have in tiny letter on the size tag 100% wool, Made in USA, From imported wools. :(
For me it's a low crown, only thing good is that is fits so nice and have a 4 1/4" brim. Maybe I'll wear it when I have to do yard work.
4xbuff01.jpg

4xbuff02.jpg

4xbuff03.jpg

4xbuff04.jpg

4xbuff05.jpg

4xbuff06.jpg

It seems the same as this one... -> http://www.stetson.com/hats/corral-cowboy-hat-in-black
I think I'll question Stetson about this one...

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
To compensate that "buffalo", this one also arrived.
Yes... another Stagecoach :D (Do I have the largest Stagecoach "collection" in the lounge?)
But not the one John Galt worked for me.
Finally a 4 1/2" brim hat that is NOT black. It's brown! The ribbon have 2".
brownstage01.jpg

brownstage02.jpg

brownstage03.jpg

Crown is... messed up... stupid people don't know to use larger boxes...

NewJack

Practically Family
I have joined the countless numbers of loungers who sing the praises of the lid work of Art....My new VS has landed!! :faint:

That's enough!! Time to point this baby to the sky.....:peace:

John Galt

Vendor
I really like the rows of stitching on the brim - looks very early 20th century.

The ribbon work is quite unique. Was this a request, or did Art design the "bow?"

NewJack

Practically Family
I really like the rows of stitching on the brim - looks very early 20th century.

The ribbon work is quite unique. Was this a request, or did Art design the "bow?"

Thanks JGault! Actually, it was both. It was he who placed the the design at somewhat off- center to where bows are usually placed. It was I who chose one of his designes!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking Borsalino, Asmo.

Great VS, Jack. I have one with that same ribbon style - black with burgundy & grey chevrons in my case.

Joao, I like the Stagecoach. I'm likely to be spending a lot of time in Texas over the next year or so - I might have to find one for myself to fit in with the locals.

Asmo

One of the Regulars
Thanks DJH and NewJack!

NewJack, the color might be slightly lighter than pictured, but not much. It's quite olive. I think of taupe as a lighter color, but thankfully I had seen a picture here on The Lounge of the actual color before I ordered, or I might have been concerned I had received the wrong hat. I wear a lot of earth tones so this color works great. The ribbon reflected the light in the camera, but it matches the hat color in reality. Thanks for the compliment on the crease. The felt is very soft and pliable, and I am pleased with how it turned out.

The radio is a St. Regis that my father left when he passed last fall. And it works! I am trying to learn as much as I can about his collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NewJack

Practically Family
Thanks DJH and NewJack!

NewJack, the color might be slightly lighter than pictured, but not much. It's quite olive. I think of taupe as a lighter color, but thankfully I had seen a picture here on The Lounge of the actual color before I ordered, or I might have been concerned I had received the wrong hat. I wear a lot of earth tones so this color works great.

The radio is a St. Regis that my father left when he passed last fall. And it works! I am trying to learn as much as I can about his collection

Asmo: Like you, I love to wear earth tone colors also. I have one pure grey lid (later model Stratoliner) and it looks okay for the darker shade of grey that it is and I'm just not that impressed. But I too thought of taupe as a lighter color. It does seem to have a nice 'hand' to it (I guess that's 'lounge talk' for 'feel'). Anyway, nice to have you aboard as a newbie collector like me! Lotta knowledge and enabling here! ;) And yes, I'm loving that radio! My folks used to have the larger ones that stood like a huge dresser and about 25 bands on it! :)

Landman

One Too Many
Welcome Asmo. Very nice hat.

Great looking VS, NewJack. Art's hats are fantastic. It wasn't until I bought one of Art's hats that I realized how comfortable a hat could feel. I have a very long oval and have always had to "break in" a hat before it ever became comfortable to wear. Art's hats fit perfectly the moment I put them on.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Newjack, that is a beauty! Great choice of colors and the stitching is sweet. Congratulations!

Asmo, nice borso, too! Looks excellent with the diamond.

Joao, nice new ones. I'll have to compare with my Stetson austral. I knew the felt wasn't outstanding, but have always been under the impression that there was at least some fur blended in, even if very little or no buffalo. Also, buffalo pelt might even be considered wool, as I'm guessing it's sheared, but I haven't researched it at all.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails