Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Very cool, Miamibruno. I can't help you with dating it, but your assessment feels about right. Really neat stitching and ribbon.

Brad

John Galt

Vendor
I also think you are pretty close. I have an unreeded hat sold at Lundstrom in SF that has the same unusual ribbon twist opposite the bow, and frayed edges on the bow. I had placed it in the same time frame. It does not have the vertical stitching...

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Brad, John, thank you for your responses. I'm glad I'm actually learning something. I haven't had time recently to post much, but look forward to getting back to it. Thanks, again.

John Galt

Vendor
Natch! I think you did very well.

Here's my hat, which needs some work. I had to pin part of the ribbon back on, and the sweat needs restitched

The model, which is still readable on the sticker, is the "Blue Ram." The tag also notes it is a 4x felt.

That used to mean a lot more, obviously, because the felt is amazingly soft & pliable. A little too much - the hat was shapeless until I steamed it for these photos & put a bit of a crease in it.

These photos aren't great, but the felt is a very dark heather blue. The ribbon is an even darker blue. You can see it has the same twist opposite the bow, which is a little offset in relation to the twist. Someone didn't like that and creased the hat with them directly opposite at one point, but the steam fixed that up.

umaba2a2.jpg
paheru3u.jpg
tuqame6u.jpg
ysyqevy7.jpg
apenegy5.jpg
umy9ahas.jpg
uhameju5.jpg
egyrapyd.jpg
vubudy3u.jpg
enuqahej.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Can't believe it. I was just digging and found a Lundstrom block marked "Ram." Not the same size. Another Lundstrom is marked "Greaco." This bears looking into.

vuty7a4y.jpg

6ybabu8e.jpg

dennisb

New in Town
My purchase of a quality Stetson Stratoliner

Yesterday I received a Stetson Stratoliner which I purchased from lounge member, Fluteplayer07. I could not have been any happier. Flute took the extra time to package the hat so it would be secure and protected from any shipment damage. He also had the hat arrive at my house in 2 days. The hat was better then described and I am looking forward to wearing it often. Thanks Flute I look forward to doing more business in the future.

dennisb

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yesterday I received a Stetson Stratoliner which I purchased from lounge member, Fluteplayer07. I could not have been any happier. Flute took the extra time to package the hat so it would be secure and protected from any shipment damage. He also had the hat arrive at my house in 2 days. The hat was better then described and I am looking forward to wearing it often. Thanks Flute I look forward to doing more business in the future.

dennisb

Pictures please! :biggrin2:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Here is a new hat that I just finished last week from a pecan beaver hat body. Ribbon is vintage, courtesy of bond, with a 2-pleat cinch. I am a big fan of '30s style hats, so instead of sewing the seam in the back of the sweat, I used high adhesive box tape and gave it an authentic throwback character...

Crown - 5 3/4" open crown
Brim - 2 5/8" raw edge
Ribbon - vintage brown, 2"

88168C05.jpg

73A35F2F.jpg

66092BFD.jpg

A71D2D58.jpg

7136969B.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members