Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cebb

New in Town
Did you buy your hat as freshly manufactured, NOS, or previously owned?

The Robert Hall line of hats were made for them by Magill, same idea as a 3rd party produces Craftsman Tools for Sears.
Freshly manufactured. Thought after hours of browsing these forums last night I have discovered that there are some great old hats or there. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

viclip

Practically Family
Freshly manufactured. Thought after hours of browsing these forums last night I have discovered that there are some great old hats or there. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Makes me wonder whether Robert's Hats arranged with Magill to utilize the remaining stock of plastic liners with "Robert Hall" depicted thereon, sort of as the model name for Robert's Hats' line of headwear.

Biber, 59cm, very good condition, probably late 1950s. A German hat shop model with no maker marks. I assume it has some Beaver (Biber) content based on the name. Unique bow design and very nice felt finish / color.

14652181999_78cb9e36cd_b.jpg

14835816341_25550a960a_b.jpg

14652360867_765903d92e_b.jpg

14815968336_e157fde10e_b.jpg

That's a beauty Mayserwegener. The thin-ish ribbon and triangle shaped knot have loads of class. And for some reason the name reminded me of this story. A while back, in the store we saw a poster of Justin Bieber. My daughter, who was 5 at the time asked who that was. I was sort of surprised she didn't know, since my older kids listen to him sometimes. She looked at his picture again, then very disappointedly said "but Daddy, I thought he was a real beaver".

That's a beauty Mayserwegener. The thin-ish ribbon and triangle shaped knot have loads of class. And for some reason the name reminded me of this story. A while back, in the store we saw a poster of Justin Bieber. My daughter, who was 5 at the time asked who that was. I was sort of surprised she didn't know, since my older kids listen to him sometimes. She looked at his picture again, then very disappointedly said "but Daddy, I thought he was a real beaver".

Thanks! Funny story!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
fedora1.jpg

Here's a pic of my husband's new hat. It's a birthday present and not entirely finished. I have a rounding jack coming next week, so will give it the final trim then.

I am a ladies millinery, but have had a number of requests from the men in the family to start doing some fedoras....sooooo, over the summer collected a full set of flanges, 51 and 52 crowns and picked up 100% Beaver from Winchester.

This one is blocked on a 52 LO. 100% Beaver in the color "Steele". Finished with a black pre-1940s vintage millinery ribbon, leather sweatband and satin liner!

I'm really enjoying men's hatting. It's a nice change up from ladies hats!

Aimee

[etsy links removed]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy