Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived! C crown western, in jet black made by Limpia Creek Hat Co.

EBay seller advertised it as wool, but I had my doubts and gambled. Turns out this felt is incredible. Smooth, soft, great hand, even in spite of the stiffener. Definitely a good beaver content in here. Reminiscent of a resistol 20X black gold I handled recently at a western store.

This one was custom made for an Allen casparyan. Here are some pics.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407170385998.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407170385998.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 146
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407170422057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407170422057.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 132
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407170460193.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407170460193.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 129
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407170488253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407170488253.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 145
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407170508759.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407170508759.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 127
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407170531703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407170531703.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 127

ingineer

One Too Many
bowlerman;
Looks as if you gambled and won the whole pot, or lid in this case.
I looked up that hat company and noticed that none of the hats are less than 50% beaver.
Plus it looks great on you
Enjoy it. And yes the 3 inches always seems to be a sweet spot where there are trees and branches.

Richard

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! Really stoked about this one.

Today was a double hitter. This just arrived. More pics to come, but it's an older beaver brand Amish hat, with precisely the coloring I was hoping for. The sweatband says it's fur felt, but it must be very entry level. It is wonderfully well worn too. The hat isn't nearly as thick or well made as the too-large- flying cloud amish hat I once owned, but this one's at least my size. Also 3 inches of brim, with a lowish open crown.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407201127128.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407201127128.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 127
  • uploadfromtaptalk1407201143688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407201143688.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 126

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Jeff : Really nice Western & Amish. Sweet rake in the second Western-pic. Now you can play all kinds of music ... both Country - and Western! :cool: ;)

Harv : Super nice Bantam, and you wear it well, Sir!

Cebb

New in Town
So I bought a new hat today. I would usually never spend as much as I did on it, but, well, I thought it was a very nice hat.

Though not a Fedora, I still found my way here to this club. I am now enlightened as to how much a good hat can mean to somebody; and there's quite a culture around them! (This could be an expensive road I travel)

I googled the Canadian company, Magill Hats who custom makes this rabbit-felt hat exclusively for one shop. I found a thread here where people didn't seem over-impressed by the company. I wondered, did I over-pay? Do I not know enough about hats? But, I do like it. So, perhaps in ignorance, I'll continue to be happy with my $100+ purchase.

The only thing I have yet to understand, is if it is newly made by Magill. Why does it say "Robert Hall" in the top, apparently a US based company that isn't around anymore. Maybe somebody will enlighten me.

https://flic.kr/p/oAvdfK
https://flic.kr/p/oyKaBY

viclip

Practically Family
So I bought a new hat today. I would usually never spend as much as I did on it, but, well, I thought it was a very nice hat.

Though not a Fedora, I still found my way here to this club. I am now enlightened as to how much a good hat can mean to somebody; and there's quite a culture around them! (This could be an expensive road I travel)

I googled the Canadian company, Magill Hats who custom makes this rabbit-felt hat exclusively for one shop. I found a thread here where people didn't seem over-impressed by the company. I wondered, did I over-pay? Do I not know enough about hats? But, I do like it. So, perhaps in ignorance, I'll continue to be happy with my $100+ purchase.

The only thing I have yet to understand, is if it is newly made by Magill. Why does it say "Robert Hall" in the top, apparently a US based company that isn't around anymore. Maybe somebody will enlighten me.

https://flic.kr/p/oAvdfK
https://flic.kr/p/oyKaBY

Did you buy your hat as freshly manufactured, NOS, or previously owned?

The Robert Hall line of hats were made for them by Magill, same idea as a 3rd party produces Craftsman Tools for Sears.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Cebb, That's a great looking hat, it suits you. Welcome aboard!

Harv, that's a very nice Stetson.

Bowlerman, I like the western but that Amish is Awesome.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy