Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Portis Lite - Wate/Tissue - Lite

This Portis has a rather catchy liner. Similar to many of the Open Road clones. It's a little soiled but in otherwise great shape. I'm guessing this one is from the 40s!

photo-28_zpsf6244189.jpg

photo5-333_zpsb2f65e64.jpg

photo4-256_zpse46cad8c.jpg

photo2-294_zpsd468fb8b.jpg

photo2-243_zpsdb464423.jpg

photo1-333_zps8c526f3c.jpg

photo2-305_zpse180a63c.jpg

photo3-283_zpsc2fbcb4e.jpg

photo1-289_zps4ec32e36.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The Cavanagh has the 1936-1951 address, as opposed to the earlier 1928-1936 version, but the dead giveaway is the 1940s factory label instead of the 1930s version.

Brad

GregNYC

One Too Many
Akubra Stylemaster

I'm a newbie. Two things happened recently to get me onto the hat hobby. One, after I had a bit of skin cancer removed, the derm told me that baseball caps aren't enough. We can get skin cancer on the ears too, he reminded me. So wear sunblock and hats!

Two, I went to a film festival earlier this summer where the organizer was wearing a cool Panama hat. I thought, "I can do that!" So I've begun to wear brimmed hats every day.

Most of my hats have come from the local hat shops here in NYC. But I'll be buying vintage and custom more in the future now. So here are three new hats I bought from shops in the last 2 weeks. I'll separate the hats into 2 posts.....

Here is the Akubra Stylemaster. I asked the salesperson for something good for rainy days, maybe in conjunction with an umbrella?

akubra-side.jpg

akubra-top.jpg

akubra-liner.jpg

akubra-logo.jpg

akubra-stylemaster.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Private label 100X from Phrenology

I bought two of these for the different colors. The shop (J.J. Hatters in NYC) has no style name for this hat; they just call it the "100X." The felt supposedly comes from the belly of the beaver. It's got their "Phrenology" liner. The maker lives in Spain. When I tried on one of these hats, the lines and shape looked just right. Better than any Borsalino in the shop. It's the softest, smoothest felt I've ever touched! Super comfortable too!

The gray

100xg-side.jpg

100xg-top2.jpg

100xg-liner.jpg

100xg-ticket.jpg

100xg-beaver.jpg

100xg-spain.jpg

The crisp raw edge

100xg-edge.jpg

The rusty brown

100xb-side.jpg

100xb-top2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a newbie. Two things happened recently to get me onto the hat hobby. One, after I had a bit of skin cancer removed, the derm told me that baseball caps aren't enough. We can get skin cancer on the ears too, he reminded me. So wear sunblock and hats!

Two, I went to a film festival earlier this summer where the organizer was wearing a cool Panama hat. I thought, "I can do that!" So I've begun to wear brimmed hats every day.

Most of my hats have come from the local hat shops here in NYC. But I'll be buying vintage and custom more in the future now. So here are three new hats I bought from shops in the last 2 weeks. I'll separate the hats into 2 posts.....

Here is the Akubra Stylemaster. I asked the salesperson for something good for rainy days, maybe in conjunction with an umbrella?

View attachment 17205

View attachment 17206

View attachment 17207

View attachment 17208

View attachment 17209
nice one i love akubras sweatbands that sheep leather is great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland