Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
What the age of it ? Can you tell by the logo on the sweat? Great work, Terry

Hey there buddy! I think it may be a 1950s hat. The 2 inch wide sweat is a caramel color. The logo says "Nutria Quality" and there's a Beaver and a Griffin standing on either side of a shield that has a grouping of stars in the upper left hand corner. That's what I can see on the sweat's logo.

GregNYC

One Too Many
My Optimo from Brent Black arrived today. I have to do some errands, so more info later!

opimo-brent-all.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Here is some more info. It is a custom Optimo from Brent Black. Pretty good grade, 27 rows vertical by 26 horizontal. But what I like better is the translucent color and the crisp, clean lines of the blocking. I had it made for my annual trip to Hawaii the first week of December, where I stay and chill out, and see the Pearl Harbor Memorial on December 7th.

optimo-close.jpg

optimo-front-good.jpg

optimo-side-good.jpg

optimo-horizontal.jpg

optimo-vertical.jpg

optimo-ribbon.jpg

optimo-logo-brent.jpg

optimo-logo-hats.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I used to wear military baseball caps to Hawaii, or better yet no headgear at all, being a sun-worshipper. My derm said No Way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Greg - as far as I'm concerned, Brent Black makes the best Panamas.

Is the logo thingy on the ribbon removable?

Frank Stack Hat Company Silver Beaver 50

I will post more information and photos on this one a little later, but an interesting find from a short lived company with an interesting provenance. The felt body was likely made by Machlachlan. Many similarities in style and quality to the Knox 100 now owned by Lotsahats.

stack2.jpg

stack3.jpg

stack1.jpg

This is a new high point in your quest for great lids, Justin. Phenomenal!

And ANOTHER SPECTACULAR showpiece for you, Alan!!! I'm guessing you're right about Maclachlan, as the embossed ridges in the front look like theirs, too.

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Stack, Alan! Maclachlan did indeed make all of Stack's hats in the five years the company was around. Frank just put his name on them.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran