Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplesage

One Too Many
French Fedora Unknown Maker

I purchased this fedora from a gentleman in France. All I know is that it is believed to be of French origin. There are no markings on the sweatband or inside crown, just a size tag behind the leather sweatband. Overall it's in pretty good condition with no mothing. I had to steam it back to shape. It has a 2 1/2" raw edge brim; the open crown is approx 5 3/4" with a matching black grosgrain ribbon. The leather sweatband has a taped seam. I'm not sure of the age but I'm guessing 20s or 30s!. Any input as to the the age and maker is welcome.

photo2-16_zps11b3cca9.jpg

photo5-29_zps578e34a5.jpg

photo2-35_zpse85b2296.jpg

photo1-50_zpsf7673102.jpg

photo4-33_zps45e4d39b.jpg

photo4-35_zpsecbef2d7.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not as exciting as all those vintages and nice finds, after 1 month in transit I finally got this, a modern Stetson Big Country in chocolate.
Looks new, unworn and really clean, but I feel I payed to much for it and for what I have been tracking on the bay, those never stay below $100 even being bunny/hare fur blends.
And yes, the best part for me, a 5" brim and 6.5" crown as creased (almost 8" open crown) :D
I like the bow on it too, not much the feather...

chocbig01.jpg

chocbig02.jpg

chocbig03.jpg

chocbig04.jpg

chocbig05.jpg

chocbig06.jpg

It arrived with this cool hatbox. Don't know what is the C/DE quality. Anyone knows?
chocbig07.jpg

I purchased this fedora from a gentleman in France. All I know is that it is believed to be of French origin. There are no markings on the sweatband or inside crown, just a size tag behind the leather sweatband. Overall it's in pretty good condition with no mothing. I had to steam it back to shape. It has a 2 1/2" raw edge brim; the open crown is approx 5 3/4" with a matching black grosgrain ribbon. The leather sweatband has a taped seam. I'm not sure of the age but I'm guessing 20s or 30s!. Any input as to the the age and maker is welcome.

Fantastic find! The use of the Point + English sizing would make me think it's from a French maker. It looks like it might have had a crown patch but can't confirm from the photo. The sweatband finish** is really great. My guess would be 20s but it could be a bit later or earlier

**Similar to this old JHS stiff felt of mine.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/9679499069_5ca9613a07_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3672/9679389959_618c5b1d77_b.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24