Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys! I love it, though, I've already bought a Stetson Chatham in Caribou with the gift cards I got for X-mas. I got da bug! :D

konadog

Practically Family
here are two new Borsalinos. First, a sisal straw fedora with a 2.5" brim, which i like but will be returned due to being too snug. Second, a check cap in wool, flax, and silk:
IMG_0414.jpg IMG_0430.jpg

Stetson Real Nutria feather weight c.1930

An interesting lightweight western hat from the early years of the depression - from the dimensions it could pass as an ancestor of the Stratoliner which was to follow a decade later. The nutria felt is somewhat denser and more complex than the first generation Strat, but very light - the hat weighs 2.8 ounces. 2 3/4" brim, 5 1/2" open crown, 1 1/8" ribbon. The two inch wide sweatband is paper thin yet still flexible and showing very little evidence of wear. The hat has hosted moths, but the damage is mostly shallow and on the underside of the brim. I believe this one will clean up and shape nicely. It's a very pleasant wear.

feathernutria1.jpg

feathernutria2.jpg

feathernutria3.jpg

feathernutria4.jpg

feathernutria5.jpg

feathernutria6.jpg

feathernutria7.jpg

feathernutria8.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Just got my Stetson Chatham, and I'm already loving it. It looks great!

HpTgxDl.jpg c8Yl28k.jpg gVBuPoW.jpg

And it looks great on me, if I do say so myself:
J9A4seS.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn