Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Selfies. I think I really like that shade of green.
88780c8e2fd1e748d413cc30bda66d6d.jpg
a568ff6e820c5b5bd8b2eca1b71afc0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humanshoes

One Too Many
DSC00740.jpg DSC00738.jpg DSC00741.jpg DSC00737.jpg

New hat for a seventy something year old customer who knew exactly what he wanted. I suggested that the hat was screaming for a thin ribbon to match the brim binding, but he wasn't having any of it.

Last edited:

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I was going to post a new custom hat that I purchased from Gene Baldwin at Baldwin Custom Hat Company of Sisters, Oregon... but the USPS crushed it for me. The brim is crimped on the front left, there is a nice 90 degree angle on the edge of the brim. Then entire back of the hat looks like waves off the coast of Hawaii. Add to it there is a wonderful unnatural crease right by the sweat band on the right hand side of the hat. In short, I have a new hat but I have not the heart to post photos of it as is.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Nice work. A new hat body or a conversion?
Thanks Joao. Built from scratch starting with a rabbit fur hat body in gunmetal gray. We started with a photo of the customer's father wearing what looked like an old open road that had a wider ribbon added to it. He wanted to match that hat exactly. Of course, we relied on his memory for the color choices since the picture was in black and white.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Joao. Built from scratch starting with a rabbit fur hat body in gunmetal gray. We started with a photo of the customer's father wearing what looked like an old open road that had a wider ribbon added to it. He wanted to match that hat exactly. Of course, we relied on his memory for the color choices since the picture was in black and white.

Cool!

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Here is my new grey Montique fedora. It is a woolie. It costs only $32, and I find it was an excellent deal. I got it originally to go with my black suit I put together, but I find it goes with everything! :D

It seems this hat has 50s styling.

HffzF7m.jpg

IW0YI78.jpg

5esZkSF.jpg

ZKnLTL1.jpg

0P87iTe.jpg

TROrq85.jpg

7V1v0Jc.jpg

MikRjSQ.jpg

fXYVnnD.jpg

AndyR

One of the Regulars
New hat for a seventy something year old customer who knew exactly what he wanted. I suggested that the hat was screaming for a thin ribbon to match the brim binding, but he wasn't having any of it.

That is quite a handsome hat. Great piece of work. Just curious, what are you playing in your avatar image? I play the ukulele and mandolin, so it caught my eye.

Andy

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I was going to post a new custom hat that I purchased from Gene Baldwin at Baldwin Custom Hat Company of Sisters, Oregon... but the USPS crushed it for me. The brim is crimped on the front left, there is a nice 90 degree angle on the edge of the brim. Then entire back of the hat looks like waves off the coast of Hawaii. Add to it there is a wonderful unnatural crease right by the sweat band on the right hand side of the hat. In short, I have a new hat but I have not the heart to post photos of it as is.

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I hope you can get the whole situation straightened out. I know it will cost a lot of time in the process though. I'm waiting on a Panama hat order and wonder if I'll even get it at this point, let alone whether or not it will survive shipping in good shape.

Andy

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Cross-posting from the Caxton thread, hoping to get some more info on this brand.

I found a pair of Caxton Open Road clones in brown and grey yesterday in my size, and purchased the pair for about $64 shipped. I'm unfamiliar with the brand, but hoped for the best and placed the order.

Caston Band.jpg

Caxton Brown.jpg

Caxton Grey.jpg

Caxton Liner.jpg

There's very little on the Lounge about this maker that I can find, other than some WAR styles. Anyone have any information on these? They don't appear to be stamped or labeled as Ten or Twenty models so I'm not expecting felt similar to my older Stetsons, but does anyone have any experience with them who can give some input?

I'm debating having the thin ribbons replaced with wider ones, but will wait to see how they look in person and, more importantly, how they look on me.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
I've just had a box arrive from Hatsdirect!:D
I ordered a Heritage Silverbelly Campdraft before Christmas and as they were out of stock in my size I had to wait for Akubra to make it. It's been a long wait, but it's been worth it. It's a great hat and a lovely colour. I went for a rough diamond/C bash
IMG_0100_zpsgxecx4tm.jpg
It seemed a shame to let it have to travel from the other side of the world on it's own so I had Trudi sneak a Fawn Fed IV in the box to keep it company.
Shhhhhhh, don't tell my wife:eeek:
IMG_0107_zps6t8skeyt.jpg
More pics in the Akubra overload thread

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I've just had a box arrive from Hatsdirect!:D
I ordered a Heritage Silverbelly Campdraft before Christmas and as they were out of stock in my size I had to wait for Akubra to make it. It's been a long wait, but it's been worth it. It's a great hat and a lovely colour. I went for a rough diamond/C bash
View attachment 27978
It seemed a shame to let it have to travel from the other side of the world on it's own so I had Trudi sneak a Fawn Fed IV in the box to keep it company.
Shhhhhhh, don't tell my wife:eeek:
View attachment 27979
More pics in the Akubra overload thread
Wow...well if you are going to have something Aussie, you may as well had two as you did! Nice hats. I am debating a similar hat, as I am already certain the hats are great for all around wear and tear and have a fantastic look as well. You are lucky and if your Wife says anything to scare you tell her I said she is a lucky Gal as you are a lucky Guy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy