Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carter

I'll Lock Up
That looks very good, Jabos.
Wear it for a few days and you'll never wear a low crown again.
Pull it a little lower on your forehead and snap the brim down a bit more. You'll have that 40's vibe.
Wear it with style and panache!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Campdraft looks good on you. I bet most of us questioned the tall crown look at first, but I wouldn't have mine any other way now. Give yourself time to get used to it. It looks good.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thanks for the nice comments and words of encouragement. Neighbor came by to pick up some girl scout cookies and wasn't impressed. Neither is my wife. Too bad for them! I'll wear it tall and proudly! I'll have to wait a while before I can post on the "What hat are you wearing today" thread, since you guys would really get sick of seeing these same two hats over and over. :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jabos said:
Thanks for the nice comments and words of encouragement. Neighbor came by to pick up some girl scout cookies and wasn't impressed. Neither is my wife. Too bad for them! I'll wear it tall and proudly! I'll have to wait a while before I can post on the "What hat are you wearing today" thread, since you guys would really get sick of seeing these same two hats over and over. :D

Wear it, man. My wife thought I had lost it, but now she offers all kinds of suggestions as to which hat I should wear...sometimes too many suggestions (if you know what I mean).

jlagman

New in Town
mike said:
020909_17011.jpg
Gah, so you're the guy who beat me. Congrats, looks great on you.

Another Canadian Stetson Open Road...

This one is 2 5/8" brim like the other one I got from same seller, same estate. This one is 7 1/2 Extra Long Oval instead of 7 5/8. I will say that I am exactly a 7 1/2 Extra Long Oval compared to how this hat fits my head, given a little vintage shrinkage. I mean like a glove! JtL, this felt is almost identical to the other Canook OR that you commented on in Monteagle = very substantial for a Royal Stetson. I put a teardrop crease in it & still training the back snap. The sweatband is serviceable but has some issue, may need replacing over the summer but will wear it for now...
roystet1.jpg

roystet2.jpg

roystet3.jpg

roystet4.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Way to go, gtd! That felt is really, really nice. Super pair of lids! And, very nice job on the crease -- especially with the front part of that teardrop...;)
The Crease Police will not be pulling you over...:D

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Jabos said:
Next is my fifty buck Ebay purchase, a Worth and Worth Allegro. It is very "floppy" if you will, and has a cloth sweatband that makes me think it is of lesser quality (I don't know anything about Worth).
026.jpg

Both hats look great and the more ample crown is the way to go, but it did take me a bit of time to acquire the good sense to wear them that way.

The Worth and Worth hat may well be a travel hat, a roll-up. Not certain of that, but it would explain its softness and cloth sweatband. I have a Borsalino with those qualities and it rolls up and fits nicely into a small triangular box for packing in a suitcase.

Jabos

A-List Customer
That would explain the cloth sweatband. I've not seen any comments on quality of the Worth. I wonder where they fit in the pecking order. I suspect the silence on their quality is my answer. I wore my Campdraft all day, even into work (with a young hip guy and young cute girl on the elevator-had a bit of reluctance but I just gritted my jaw and looked like I knew what I was doing) but I still think it looks BIG.

jimmy the lid said:
Way to go, gtd! That felt is really, really nice. Super pair of lids! And, very nice job on the crease -- especially with the front part of that teardrop...;)
The Crease Police will not be pulling you over...:D

Cheers,
JtL
Thanks Jimmy, Big Al doesn't like no coppers hanging around!!!;)

Dreispitz

One Too Many
German made Stetson!!!!

Hello everyone in the forum! Since I am new here, let me doff my hat before it´s distinguished members!

Here is one of my recent aquisitions. A Stetson Imperial Homburg. The interesting feature apart from being an Imperial one is, it was is made under license in Germany. Have not come across such a license Stetson in this forum, so far.

Here it is. Click on the images, please. Hope that works lol

dreispitz
[/URL][/IMG]

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Salut!

Jauntyone said:
That's a gorgeous hat! I'm sure our fellow members will be interested in learning more about it and about you!

Bonjour Jauntyone, voilá il y a aussi des autres amateus des chapaux en europe. Les chapeaux sont pas de tout mortes. Heureusement!

A bientot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn