Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
A happy friend with his new hat. I really enjoyed making it, and he really enjoys wearing it! :)

f938040f-b569-4682-b719-d51402e0234c.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Here is another new silverbelly w/ gold dust ribbon I just made for a friend from work. Just need to touch up the brim edge. The deep crown came out fantastic! I'm handing this one off on Wednesday.

IMG_8466.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

10b8e82b-da06-4cfe-a344-445e920804a9.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Then you don't understand how they are working with the flange....
I put my new Strats in the old boxes to get the benefits of that horrible design....

I understand it just fine ... and I don't like it

I put in work to get my brims the way I like them and all putting a hat back in that box does is make me have to do it all over again when I take it out to wear it

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, great Strat. I feel better about my compulsion to want more of them thanks to you.

so get more and show me pics !!!! :)

it's a little bit scary to me how much I love looking at pictures of peoples hats ... sometimes I feel my wife looking over my shoulder ... so I turn to look at her and she is smiling with her eyebrows raised looking at my computer ... then I look back at my screen and it's one of you guys mugs staring back at me wearing some sweet slice ... strange dynamic ;)

Moon: Ecellent hat sir! It appears you have a goodly amount of thin ribbon hats amongst you sizeable hat rack. Love the Strats sir! Best, Eric

thank you Eric ... yes I have quite a few thin ribbon pieces ... it's my favorite look

you and your hats are an inspiration

so get more and show me pics !!!! :)

it's a little bit scary to me how much I love looking at pictures of peoples hats ... sometimes I feel my wife looking over my shoulder ... so I turn to look at her and she is smiling with her eyebrows raised looking at my computer ... then I look back at my screen and it's one of you guys mugs staring back at me wearing some sweet slice ... strange dynamic ;)

My wife's regular line when she walks into the room and sees me on the tablet or laptop, "Lookin' at hats?"

I've really got to get on the vintage Strat bandwagon. I've shied away from some of the prices but, I guess compared with a new hat, I shouldn't balk so much. I keep hoping for that nugget in the back of somebody's closet. So far, I only have three vintage Stetsons, but like with most things, I seem to go in odd directions. My vintages include brands like Adam, Dalton, Mallory, and Resistol. All acquisitions I'm happy with and proud of. But those classic Stetsons have eluded me. To be fair, I haven't been at this too long.

Oh well, Onward, Through the Fog!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran