Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
My summer additions, purchased through the generosity of Fedora Lounge friends... my favorite way to shop. Most have already been posted in their respective threads. In the front, three Bohemian beauties, behind them, Barbisio, Borsalino Fu Lazarro, Mossant and in the back, a Knox Premier baku straw. Will post some photos of that one in the Panama thread.

newhatssummer2015.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Great hats and splendid idea to take in one photo the estate additions.
I like to see the Bohemians in the first raw of parade, the Italians and French too.
Next pictures for them will be on you head Alan :eek:
The baku is fantastic.
Carouselvic the Stetson 5X is a real diamond

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Just got this in the mail today, made by Westminster "Hats of Quality", a brand I'd never heard of.

It has the older style of frayed-at-the-back bow, and also has the unusual feature of a thicker "ridge" on either side of the crown (as you can see in the picture). The crown's about six inches open (about 4 3/4 as it's shown) and the brim is 2 1/8 inches. The felt is wonderfully malleable and takes any shape perfectly.

IMG_03550.JPG

This picture really doesn't show the color well, it's a much richer brown in person.

Nice wide unreeded sweatband.

IMG_03370.JPG

I'm not too sure about the age, but I'm thinking it could date to the 1930s, based on the proportions and style. Anyone have any thoughts (or know anything about Westminster hats)?

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
I flew to Albuquerque today and ended up leaving my "vacation hat" in my coworkers car (long story). After several hours of hat withdrawal, I ended up getting this Resistol chute 5 from Man's hat shop to wear on my head for the next three weeks. I'm tickled pink (make that tickled silver belly ) with this hat. C. Stuart Dunlap shaped this hat for me while I waited and IMHO did an excellent job. I also learned from him that I'm not really a 7 5/8 LO but a 7 1/2 XXLO. It was my first time in a real hat shop,and it was an awesome experience. If you are ever in Albuquerque, I recommend stopping by.
dcffd556c3fe551cfcb90bf11c5b8248.jpg

0ffe0069abd288dafdd1d4f11f64da9d.jpg

Im planning on stopping at Rands Custom Hats in Billings and I'll be on the lookout for other hat stores while on this trip.

fa17cc16a746eb25f057d465e8a126b2.jpg

Joao, I finally under stand how fun a full size brim can be. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Thanks all for your kind remarks.

Looks nice. I would guess 60s, but I am no expert.

If only for the brim, I'd agree with you, and it does have a number of features that strike me as later, but I'd think the straight-sided high crown and frayed bow would have been quite unfashionable in the 1960s.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I finally under stand how fun a full size brim can be. :)
Now that is quite a change from a tiny brim to a huge one!
It looks really nice and you wear it well.
As Richard said "Welcome to the wide wide brim world" :D

Thanks ingineer, I gotta say I'm loving this hat, it's definitely going in the rotation.
That is nice to wear.
Feeling alone in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou